cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tesla pick up in 4th quarter 2019

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Elon Musk says it will priced $49,000 or lower and has towing capability like an F150.

Good news with the price of gas.
116 REPLIES 116

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, Elon is a big time pot smoker. Even NASA asked him not to smoke pot in public anymore because it did not look right with other leaders and organizations they were trying to work with. Probably why he prefers to take his private jet everywhere because he does not want to have to check in his weed when traveling. If that is the case, he is spewing tons of added emissions just for pot.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
BillyBob Jim wrote:
Oh WTH, may as well jump into the silliness full bore.

In a series of tweets on Tuesday night, Elon Musk provided a number of new details about the Tesla pickup truck. Among these is the massive electric vehicleโ€™s insane towing capacity of up to 300,000 pounds, or 150 tons.

Weight Police where are you?

Can't find the tweet but I'll guess, if you have just came from the marijuana thread, you must have confused Space X Dragon's payload re-supply to space station.

Elon was hanging in the marijuana thread. Just so you're not confused.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:

In a series of tweets on Tuesday night, Elon Musk provided a number of new details about the Tesla pickup truck. Among these is the massive electric vehicleโ€™s insane towing capacity of up to 300,000 pounds, or 150 tons.

Can't find the tweet but I'll guess, if you have just came from the marijuana thread, you must have confused Space X Dragon's payload re-supply to space station.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
BillyBob Jim wrote:

puff puff pass

This thing is going to pull 150 TONS???? 300,000 THOUSAND LBS? ROTFLMAO and can't breath!

Tusk says Tesla pickup will have 300,000 LB tow rating! LMAO

He actually said that! And then said Ram 1,500 will be "puny. LMAO

Here is what people thought a Tesla pickup was going to be:

Here is what the people are going to get when they order a Tesla pickup! LMAO.

Now, to any fan boi out there. Do you really think this thing is going to have a 300,000 lb towing rating like Tusk said it would?
Have another puff if you do!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillyBob Jim wrote:

puff puff pass

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillyBob Jim wrote:
And the thread takes a turn folks towards the Bizarre ROFLMAO.

:B

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, people with 401K's, IRA's, and pensions don't mind companies making "huge obscene" profits when they cash in their retirement. Then again, most just speak out from assumption and have never even seen the real numbers. Nor have they done a real comparison to see how much producing one Tesla pollutes versus building any other vehicle to know those numbers either.

Carbon credits is a ponzy scheme designed by special interest groups and lobbied for by companies like Tesla to pad their wallet instead of tackling the real problem of actually removing carbon from the air. I bet Tesla would not get any carbon credits if the government counted the emissions from all those rockets SpaceX blasts into the air and the hundred and fifty thousand miles Elon took on his private jet in 2018. But no, the fan boys like to overlook those things.

Also, the way these carbon credit laws are written, it assumes a much lower amount of CO2 from the power to charge these batteries than actual. It assumes that this power is coming from renewable energy source which is false in many if not most cases.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
philh wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Let me put it this wa, if the GM and the Chryslerโ€™s are not so backward that they canโ€™t even have the basic technology to produce low emission-low MPG vehicles, then they donโ€™t even have to buy these credits from Tesla or anyone else..

It's cheaper for them to buy credits from a company that was and is still funded by taxpayer dollars.

GM may be behind on development, but they are quickly going to catch up. Chrysler, well, lets just stick with they love their profitable jeeps and large cars.

And this is the type of capitalism folks where businesses in search of yuge obsecene profits can poison your water, your air and produce cancerous products and to hell with peopleโ€™s pain, health or life.

And the thread takes a turn folks towards the Bizarre ROFLMAO.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Let me put it this wa, if the GM and the Chryslerโ€™s are not so backward that they canโ€™t even have the basic technology to produce low emission-low MPG vehicles, then they donโ€™t even have to buy these credits from Tesla or anyone else..

It's cheaper for them to buy credits from a company that was and is still funded by taxpayer dollars.

GM may be behind on development, but they are quickly going to catch up. Chrysler, well, lets just stick with they love their profitable jeeps and large cars.

And this is the type of capitalism folks where businesses in search of yuge obsecene profits can poison your water, your air and produce cancerous products and to hell with peopleโ€™s pain, health or life.

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Elon Musk says it will priced $49,000 or lower and has towing capability like an F150.

For comparison the new Gladiator average transaction is reported at $56,403

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/18/jeep-gladiator

I assume this will drop as the more basic models are distributed.
Is Fiat stealing from Tesla's play book? Launch Edition lists at $62,310 :E

$62,310.00? Even if it's the 14K Au edition, IMO one has to be a nitwit to pay that for 1/2 of a wanna be truck. Oooooooo look at me and my Launch edition, I am a total badass. ROFLMAO

I would not mind having a jeep but not for $62K, nor even $56K or $35K. The last one I test drove my shins were against the bottom of the dash.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

For comparison the new Gladiator average transaction is reported at $56,403

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/18/jeep-gladiator

I assume this will drop as the more basic models are distributed.
Is Fiat stealing from Tesla's play book? Launch Edition lists at $62,310 :E

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
danrclem wrote:
The government has no right to give anybody carbon credits to sell.
Right now the law allows any car maker to earn carbon credits for producing electric vehicles.
Unless these carbon credits infringe on your civil liberties the government most certainly does have the right to impose these incentives. Not sure you understand how government works.
Otherwise you need to find a judge that agrees with you. That is the balance of power.