cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CBD oil

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know if anyone is using CBD oil for anxiety in their dog. There is a vet, Dr. Michael Fox, that has a column in our Sunday paper that suggested it. I talked to my vet and they do offer it. In fact her mother is using it for her dog and it is working for her.

We are now using ElleVet, cbd oil, and it does seem to help him. But wondering about long term use.

Just a fyi, he is a rescue and have no idea his background, except to know he was found in a crate in the woods. He has been with us for 2 years now and is blind.

Thanks in advance for any information.
LUVRVN
47 REPLIES 47

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

First of all, let's make one thing clear.  CBD is not marijuana.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476

We looked for something to calm our Border Collies.  They get very excited/anxious with fireworks (loud bangs) and with the rumble of our Tiffin RED.  Gus does not like the sound of the heat pumps in the Tiffin RED.  Through a friend, who used CBD oil on their Bulldog, which did not like strangers.  It made a world of differences, to the point that the dog liked getting petted by strangers/everyone.  We decided to check it out.  After some research we decided to try the same product.  One seller for us was that it contains zero THC.   Because BCs are very active and energetic dogs, the base dose was not enough.  We talked with the mfgr and they said that many of the energetic breeds did take 2-3 times the average dosage.  We ended up using 3 times the dosage and the dogs do calm down and even sleep.  There are some times that they calm down, but not completely.  We would recommend trying it.

https://www.austinandkat.com/products/cbd-oil-for-dogs?selling_plan=1139900601

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
bob_nestor wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
I'm one that believes nothing beneficial comes from marijuana.
You and I may be the only people who agree on this. The number of Informmercials on FaceBook hawking CBD as a cure to anything and everything under the sun is a pretty good indication that we're probably on the right side of this argument.
But then again, youโ€™ve never tried it, so you wouldnโ€™t have any good indication if it helped or not - many people have first hand indications that it does help. Iโ€™d say the right side of the argument may be not so clear cut.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
I'm one that believes nothing beneficial comes from marijuana.

You and I may be the only people who agree on this. The number of Informmercials on FaceBook hawking CBD as a cure to anything and everything under the sun is a pretty good indication that we're probably on the right side of this argument.

LessiePMcCord
Explorer
Explorer
I completely understand your concern regarding the use of CBD oil for your dog's anxiety, especially given his challenging background as a rescue and his visual impairment.
However, when considering any treatment for your furry friend, it's crucial to think about the long-term implications and potential risks

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use chamomile tea.... the kind you get in tea bags. Our rescue doesn't need it all the time. Just sometimes when her anxiety spikes. We think she has a fear of darkness but I have been informed by forum members that it's not possible or we are idiots for thinking that, take your pick. A small amount of cooled tea (less than a half cup) helps to calm her down and she likes it. There seems to be no side effects for her. Can't say the same about other medications.

MarthaRuizOrtiz
Explorer
Explorer
My dog Pickle is 14 so he's getting up there. We've tried a few different brands but i really do like Organica Naturals (https://www.organicanaturals.com/) because it's an organic cbd. It's also a lot thicker than the watery stuff we used to get. Pickle does the best with it and i like that it's got no chemicals or anything like that. Just my 2 cents

ToremSafiye
Explorer
Explorer
keepmotoring wrote:
I would like to know if anyone is using CBD oil for anxiety in their dog. There is a vet, Dr. Michael Fox, that has a column in our Sunday paper that suggested it. I talked to my vet and they do offer it. In fact her mother is using it for her dog and it is working for her.

We are now using ElleVet, cbd oil, and it does seem to help him. But wondering about long term use.

Just a fyi, he is a rescue and have no idea his background, except to know he was found in a crate in the woods. He has been with us for 2 years now and is blind.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes I have used the CBD oil from https://www.wildliferx.com/. It was really helpful. Infact this is good for long term use, I have been using it from a long back.

Cristian123
Explorer
Explorer
I know that CBD products can be very beneficial for your furry friends. We give a GoldBee CBD oil to our dog to calm her when we are going somewhere (she doesn't like traveling much and often feels sick). Also, it worked great to relieve pain and increase her appetite after the surgery.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We give our 18 year old 15 pound mutt CBD almost every morning for arthritis and general aches and pains. We know exactly which day we forget to medicate him.
Pot itself is a great medicinal cure-all for many suffering people. The best part about it is users don't go out and rob, ****, and steal.....Mellow is the word of the day for the occasional pot users.

JoanJhoness
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard a lot of people who gave their dogs CBD to calm or to help them with their mental illnesses, such as anxiety or depression. I have never tried it and prefer better to spend more time with my dog when I see that it's sad or is suffering from something, thus it understands that is not alone, but taking such medicines is necessary only when your dog is already in a deep depression, and spending some free time with it doesn't help anymore. It's not good to feed it with CBD oil because it can get addicted so be careful how much of it you give and when you will see that it had recovered better stop immediately to give it. If you still think that it's a good idea to give your dog CBD oils to calm then at least buy them from here https://weed-deals.com/Online Dispensary Canada.

Billijean1990
Explorer
Explorer
When I was about seven years old, my father took us for the first time on a country tour in our van. There must have been many who traveled here as children, but our trips became frequent. I had to study on the road. Then, when I grew up, I already drove myself. My girlfriend and I visited different campsites, and we decided to try ***Link Removed***, which my father used to consume, although there was an analogue and a more universal, cheap one. Needless to say about interesting consequences and relaxation, I think so.

Bosin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

samimiles
Explorer
Explorer
I tried vaping cannabis that contains CBD but nearly no THC - that's why it's legally sold here. Luckily now CBD helps me a lot. I recommend buy CBD in ***Link Removed***https://berkshirecbd.com/

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
babock, totally agree. ppine so out of line. Glad he has healthy dogs. Hope he never has to go through major issues with his dogs. You said it best. That is what I wanted to call him!!! I would highly recommend ElleVet made in Portland, ME for CBD oil for your dog. Made for dogs. Good luck.And I thank Dr. Doug for his response to ppine! Plus I think my vet knows best since she knows my dog, NOT PPINE!!!!!!
LUVRVN