Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nice parks around Vegas

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone
We are looking to spend next winter in the Las Vegas area. Nevada or Arizona (never been there). Last two winters in Florida. I look for the RV/resort type parks. Full hook up. Concrete pads, good roads. I am concerned about making timely reservations. Any and all recommendations appreciated. 2018 Cedar Creek 5er.
Thanks
AL
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill
10 REPLIES 10

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Sounds like south of Vegas is a plan.
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill

duramaxdelight
Explorer
Explorer
We usually stay at the Oasis. But in April, due to a few hundred Coach
Rally, we could not get a space. For first time we stayed at Las Vegas RV resort.
1 block from Sams town. It was 1/2 price of Oasis. I prefer the oasis.
Book have good security I think. Oasis is newer.

I wonโ€™t mention weather because itโ€™s nit an requested topic,

Enjoy your travels.
Duramax 2011
2011 Cameo:R 37resls:B

"To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own":W

Acampingwewillg
Explorer
Explorer
I think I might chose Laughlin over Vegas...were not "Snowbird's" but I have witnessed how busy the Riverside Resort is in the Winter. Something about being close to the river just makes it sound better than the concrete jungle Vegas is.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
Sam's Town RV..there are two of them on Boulder Highway.. are pretty nice and have a shuttle to take you over to the strip.
Yes, it can get cold there, even see a little snow, once or twice, maybe. The rest of the time, it isn't bad at all.
Laughlin, down the river, is warmer, but very nice in winter. Riverside Resort is good, or you can stay on the AZ side at Davis campground, right on the river.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
How much time do you want to spend in Las Vegas itself? Cheaper would be Laughlin, NV and Bullhead City, AZ (across the river from each other) at about 45 minutes from Las Vegas, or going a little further south to Lake Havasu, AZ (again on the Colorado River) which is about 1 1/2-2 hrs from Las Vegas. All of those would be warmer than Las Vegas.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
You mentioned Arizona, might be warmer there compared to Vegas. We transit Arizona on our way to California, we stay at the KOA in Tuscon and at other parks in Yuma, some good choices there.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Las Vegas Climate Data
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Are you aware of how cold Las Vegas can be in the winter?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Oasis....a bit pricey but has what you want. My only concern would beDec & Jan......quite cold. Next to the south strip, walking distance to outlet mall.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
the Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort matches your needs quite well. we spent a week there in 2017. try to get a spot away from the highway and the electronic billboards.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle