Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Plain Black Wrapper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Plain Black Wrapper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on a 3000 mile trip how much time is saved by speeding at 80mph 10/15 mph over limit? Nobody's time is worth more than others.

As I told semi and greyhound drivers when I ticketed them Don't stay so long talking to the waitress.

fj12ryder wrote:

bigred1cav wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

bigred1cav wrote:

Why do we speed?

"Because we don't want to spend more time on the road than necessary."

If we need to be somewhere at a specific time depart where you are with time to arrive at the destination without speeding.

"That still doesn't negate the unnecessary time spent sitting at the wheel due to some arbitrarily arrived at speed limit."

Speeding is a juvenile attitude exhibiting the need to violate rules.

"That doesn't even deserve a rebuttal."

I travel by RV to avoid regimented schedules.
I'm not sure what "regimented schedules" have to do with speeding.

Leave early enough to make your designated time of arrival.
Notice my first riposte'. No matter when you leave, you'll still spend more time on the road, in the car, behind the wheel when you drive slower than when you drive faster.

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How much time have you saved when ticketed taken to post a bond that takes about 2 hours. Longer if the officer is miffed by your attitude.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I spend 10 hours averaging 55 mph, vs 10 hours averaging 45 mph. That's a difference of 100 miles. Nearly 2 hours of sitting in one spot. No thanks.

Now figure that kind of time difference spread out over 6000 miles and figure how much time is wasted sitting in front of that steering wheel. Okay, I'll do it for you 45 mph average works out approximate 142 hours, 55 mph average is approximately 110 hours. 32 hours, 32 hours. That's nearly a whole work week. Again, no thanks.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

How much time have you saved when ticketed taken to post a bond that takes about 2 hours. Longer if the officer is miffed by your attitude.
Haven't had a ticket in probably 30 years. And I don't drive any differently now. So your concern is a moot point.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Plain Black Wrapper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS