cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie in trouble, cleaned ac filter cover won’t go back on

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
91 26’ terry resort. Kinda new to having a camper saw the ac filters were dirty removed my knobs, 2 screws slid cover off... cleaned. Put back together and the back side opposite the knobs is not flush on ceiling... like enough for me to stick my fingers in. It feels stuck but for the life of me there is nothing. Tried a couple snacks, wigging, taking off putting back. Nothing. Screw holes line up but the back is gapped. Can provide pics.
13 REPLIES 13

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
Is the ceiling flat?
Doesn’t look like it from the pics.

The ceiling is flat minus the strip that covers the seam. But I swear that thing was flush to the roof before. The unit looks slightly crooked but I haven’t moved it touched anything but the shroud.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Is the ceiling flat?
Doesn’t look like it from the pics.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
Was able to post pics here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/newbie-needing-help-cleaned-air-filter-shroud-not-going-on-flush-448302.html

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
It usually has to do with the way the plastic shroud fits between the metal sides, it can be frustrating, but it will fit. I wish I had a secret to it, but sadly...

It appears the plastic actually fits around it. I have metal sides and bottom

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
f you want to post photos, use this site. . All you need to do is upload your photo, copy the URL, and paste that URL into your post without making ANY changes. Your picture will then appear and be properly sized for use on our forums.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
It usually has to do with the way the plastic shroud fits between the metal sides, it can be frustrating, but it will fit. I wish I had a secret to it, but sadly...
-- Chris Bryant

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
Not here. The controls go on one side and have holes for the shafts to come through. Only one way to go on.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Double post -Please remove

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to me on our brand new trailer.
Turn the grill around. You are trying to put it in backwards

At least that is what my problem was

Guy

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
I swear the unit looks un-level but nothing has been touched.

Jnepsa
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried several times with no luck. Is there a mobile version of this site that I can post pics to? Won’t let me from the full on my phone.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Take it off and put it back on, slide it over the shafts, put the front screw in, but just get it started, not tight, then put the back one on, but make sure you can push it up tight first.
-- Chris Bryant