cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mt Rainier

Hiker52
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions for an RV campground to explore the area for a few days in early August. 35 ft 5th wheel. Prefer full hookups but can make do with electric only for a few days. Coming from the east. Thanks in advance. Also what are some things to see while there?
8 REPLIES 8

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
The thread says that there are 7 posts, but I can only see 4?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pangaea Ron wrote:
I love Mt Rainier, and have climbed to the summit 4 times. We have not been able to find adequate campgrounds near the mountain for our size of MH. We recently chose to stay at Paradise Lodge with friends and had the RV parked outside so that we could be at 5,000 feet to hike and experience the mountain early in the morning as the sun rises, and as the sun was setting. . . it is a truly magnificent experience.

Hi Ron. I tried to climb the Mounatin twice but was turned back by weather both times. I spent a summer at Pack Forest just down the road from the Park.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really liked Mounthaven in Ashford -- we have stayed there twice. Check out the reviews at rvparkreviews.com.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
delete

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ohanapecosh.
Paradise, ice caves, wildflowers, Kautz Creek Mudflow, Carbon Glacier, Wonder Trail, the Lodge, sub-alpine fir and mtn hemlock forest, watch for climbers.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
delete

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last week. Stayed at Yakima River RV Park. Full hookups campground with no amenities (bathhouse/toilets). About 45 minutes to Rainier but centrally located for places to the north.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I love Mt Rainier, and have climbed to the summit 4 times. We have not been able to find adequate campgrounds near the mountain for our size of MH. We recently chose to stay at Paradise Lodge with friends and had the RV parked outside so that we could be at 5,000 feet to hike and experience the mountain early in the morning as the sun rises, and as the sun was setting. . . it is a truly magnificent experience.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L