cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campsites directly on Lake Ontario in Canada or NY

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We've camped directly on the beach on Lake Huron, Michigan, Erie, and Superior. Now we need Ontario.

Does anyone have any suggestions for direct beach camping on Lake Ontario in either Canada or NY? This will be for at most 1 day/night.
We have a 35foot TT and need at least electricity.
Thanks.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
17 REPLIES 17

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
vermilye wrote:
While not a "pretty" campground, the front row of Sunset RV Park is on the edge of a narrow 2 lane road, with Lake Ontario on the other side. The sunsets over the lake are amazing - I know from experience since I live on the lake 2 miles away.

Even better, Rudy's is next door to the campground, one of the better fish & hot sauce places in upstate NY.

Hope this isn't the same Sunset park near Cato.

Nope!

Up_DownDeCoast
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at Fifty Point Conservation Area in Hamilton,Ontario a few years back. Nice quiet provincial park. Full hookups and its own private beach. Don't remember how tough it was to get a reservation. We stayed here and visited both Toronto and Niagara Falls.
David and Wendy
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2021 Honda CR-V
Demco KarKaddy SS Tow Dolly

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
While not a "pretty" campground, the front row of Sunset RV Park is on the edge of a narrow 2 lane road, with Lake Ontario on the other side. The sunsets over the lake are amazing - I know from experience since I live on the lake 2 miles away.

Even better, Rudy's is next door to the campground, one of the better fish & hot sauce places in upstate NY.

Hope this isn't the same Sunset park near Cato.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:

^^^^^^^This is the truth ^^^^^^^^ I agree ^^^^^^^
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Darlington Provincial Park east of Toronto is just off the 401 hwy and would definitely have weekday sites available right on the water. Most of the sites are big rig friendly but like all PP are electric only.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
The two nicest provincial parks on the Canadian side of Lake Ontario are Sandbanks and Presquile. Both can be tough to get into during summer months and usually need to be reserved 5 months in advance. See here for the park reservation site and more info.

Thank you. We were considering NY as well but it appears our route will be better for a stay in Canada. I'll look into this. We'll need a Saturday night stay so I'll plan ahead.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
michigansandzilla wrote:
We've camped directly on the beach on Lake Huron, Michigan, Erie, and Superior. Now we need Ontario.

Does anyone have any suggestions for direct beach camping on Lake Ontario in either Canada or NY? This will be for at most 1 day/night.
We have a 35foot TT and need at least electricity.
Thanks.

We've enjoyed a couple of these - Link
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Aadkins101 wrote:
Check out Association Island KOA in Henderson, NY

X4

Sunsets alone might be worth 2 nights stay! You mentioned beach, for what its worth island does have a small beach.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Aadkins101 wrote:

X3
2010 Suncruiser

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
Aadkins101 wrote:

x2

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
Beaches are going to be hard to find in NY, as the Joint Commission has decided to let the lake rise to record heights. This has washed away or flooded the shore line, beaches and homes!

I was recently in the Rochester area and saw first hand how bad the flooding is. People are evacuating their homes, docks 2 feet under water, people piled sandbags to help and they're a foot or more under water, beaches gone due to massive erosion, break walls you used to be able to walk out on are under water. It's a mess and a huge problem.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Beaches are going to be hard to find in NY, as the Joint Commission has decided to let the lake rise to record heights. This has washed away or flooded the shore line, beaches and homes!