Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: EZ-Pass?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> EZ-Pass?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

I don't believe EZ-Pass works in Vermont or Connecticut but will work in the other states you mentioned. Personally, I would call EZ-Pass and ask which unit(s) to purchase. I'd offer you a phone number but they are specific to the State you call. You likely will need two units. I need one for when I'm in my car or truck without the camper and another one for when I am hooked up. The tolls are based on the number of axles you have.

I have an EZ-Pass from PA and I only need one transponder unit. In PA you enter the vehicles license plate numbers for all of your vehicles. I have my truck, my wife's car and my 5th wheel RV. They even provide Velcro for each car to mount the transponder. Simply take it out of one and stick it in the other.

You need to register it online and it could take a day or two so I would try to pre-purchase if at all possible. You have to preload a minimum of $35.00 and maintain that amount. You add a credit or debit card and when the value drops below $35 it will automatically charge to get the balance back up to minimum.

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dpgllg wrote:

. You have to preload a minimum of $35.00 and maintain that amount. You add a credit or debit card and when the value drops below $35 it will automatically charge to get the balance back up to minimum.

Dave

these $$$ minimums, etc. vary among states. that is why I said to check out which state fits your needs. some even charge a monthly fee.
bumpy

Debbie

Altus,OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 09:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Question can we just pay the toll as we drive through? Don't want something that I have to keep a minimum balance on. We probably won't be through those states for a long time.

I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes you can. In MA, they are cashless tolling which means you simply drive thru and a scanner reads your plate and you get a bill in the mail. NY is aiming to be cashless by end of next year. Already in use at 2 interchanges.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Debbie wrote:

Question can we just pay the toll as we drive through? Don't want something that I have to keep a minimum balance on. We probably won't be through those states for a long time.

some roads are ezpass only, and there may be times that they are unmanned.
IIRC my "deposit" was $25 and whenever my balance dipped below $15 they would raise it.
bumpy

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

Debbie wrote:

IIRC my "deposit" was $25 and whenever my balance dipped below $15 they would raise it.
bumpy

X2!

Proud father of a US Marine

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

suprz wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

Debbie wrote:

bumpy

X2!

Whatever the balance is it remains in the account until it is needed. So use it this year and then again in two years or so. The EZ-Pass lanes are just so convenient and you will never have to worry about having the correct amount of money. In Pennsylvania the unmanned cash lanes have a basket you toss the money in. They do not give change.

Dave

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Debbie wrote:

Of course you may pay more than the minimum balance in increased toll charges for cash customers.

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/19 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Debbie wrote:

You can but..... To travel all the way across PA and pay cash it will cost $112.80 for a class 3 with 4 axles. Using an ez-pass for the same thing will cost $80.50.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> EZ-Pass?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS