Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2018 TT has been deemed Total Loss by insurance company
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> 2018 TT has been deemed Total Loss by insurance company

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

“We had a city water hook up and it ran for hours while we slept.”

EXACTLY why I use the fresh water tank, using city water ONLY to refill the tank.

Not sure how this would have helped. If the OP couldn't hear the water running, chances are they would not have heard the water pump either.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airdaile wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

EXACTLY why I use the fresh water tank, using city water ONLY to refill the tank.

Not sure how this would have helped. If the OP couldn't hear the water running, chances are they would not have heard the water pump either.

The difference between a finite amount of water and unlimited.

Neil Citro

IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Airdaile wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

The difference between a finite amount of water and unlimited.

The fresh tank is usually the same size as the grey, so it would have just filled the grey tank and then worst case burnt up the pump.

2017 Grand Design Reflection 28BH
2019 Ford F350 SD 6.7L

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

Well, mold could become a problem in the ducts if they were full of water like he said... I see what you are saying Grit, but he's on the East coast and we are on the West coast and I don't think things dry as well over there?? (humid)

I assume the ducts are hard, plastic or metal. That new of camper would not have much dust to hold water in the ducts, so not much chance of mold in there. The bad thing is the insulation which is ruined will hold moisture against what can rot. If somebody was to get that out soon, the trailer could be saved. But unless the owner acts fast, gambles the work needed to get the water out, then tries to keep it the trailer will set in auction yard until it is junk.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

This doesn't help the OP now, but is definitely something to remember for later. When we camp with hookups, we shut off the water when we leave, just in case. Just another thought for later, but I'm sure you've gone over in your head many times the "what if's" and the "next times".

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ReneeG wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

This doesn't help the OP now, but is definitely something to remember for later. When we camp with hookups, we shut off the water when we leave, just in case. Just another thought for later, but I'm sure you've gone over in your head many times the "what if's" and the "next times".

But it does address in a better way the idea of putting an overflow to the ground.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

ReneeG wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

But it does address in a better way the idea of putting an overflow to the ground.

Overflow to the ground? I read it as running water faucets from your tank using your pump, then when you need more water, refill.

twodownzero

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

You know, that trailer is not really damaged. If one would open the belly and let it dry out, put in new insulation, and button it back up, it will be just fine. You should consider buying it back from the insurance company for salvage value.

I was thinking the same thing.

SARGUY

North America

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would buy that trailer from the insurance co. Then get a large volume shop vac and reverse the air flow so that the air comes thru the hose,direct the air into the floor vents. Probably would block off the nearest ones to the hose and run the vac for a couple of hours at least. Also remove all the under body insulation and look for any thing else that needs attention then take it for a drive on a nice warm dry day.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 10:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reason there is no overflow to the ground is that in most if not all states it is unlawful to discharge waste water on the ground. Water from the bathtub is considered waste water.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> 2018 TT has been deemed Total Loss by insurance company
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.