cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto door lock (coach)

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 2012 winnebago aspect and it has an auto lock much like some cars do. At any rate we have experienced some problems on our recent trip. The door will lock and you cannot open either with key or from the inside. It will unlock once the vehicle is moved but overall it is a pain to try to figure out what causes it to lock and then not unlock.

Just need to know if anyone else has had a problem such as this and what the corrective action may have been.

Thanks Hank
5 REPLIES 5

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another thought. If my coach is in my driveway and not level the coach door will not open.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Our '15 Escape, one push on the remote unlocks the drivers door, two pushes and all doors unlock.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys but this is the coach door not the cab doors. The lock engages when you put vehicle in motion like the cab doors do on some. For some reason (2 times) it has locked and will not unlock. No remotes no settings. One guy on another site said to check and lube the contact pins. Both sides were free and clear but I did lube just in case. We have not moved the rig since last episode so hopefully the lube will help.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember correctly, at my age a big if:D, You can set the locks to only unlock the drivers side,with the remote. I seldom use th keys but I know my Suzi has some weird lock and unlock features too.

I did change my wife's 2017 Explorer from only unlock the drivers door to unlock all doors.

Best bet is to ask the Service guys at a dealership how the thing should work.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking out loud here. It unlocks once the vehicle is moved. Do the doors lock automatically once the vehicle is in motion, do they unlock once you put the vehicle in Park, my truck is set up to do that, and they lock once the wheels get turning.
Does your vehicle have a "settings" area where you can set up lights, locks etc to your preferences? If so, go to that settings area and change things around. If you have no settings area, disconnect the chassis battery for awhile, then the computers may re-set.
If it was my vehicle that is what i would do. If you have a remote, install new batteries also.