cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cabinate Ceiling ripply

Kfry
Explorer
Explorer
I currently bought a used trailer. and unfortunately found in the cabinet a little bit of a rippley ceiling . No discoloration . Very dry still . board seems pretty hard still .So I went out side and checked the roof seems solid no rips or soft spots .Maybe it was once water damaged inside the cabinet at one point not sure . I was wondering Do you guys think its worth cutting it out and checking behind it and removing the old insulation or something . Its a 2002 jayco eagle 5th in pretty decent shape were the ladder is on the back of the trailer is there's very slight delamination not bad but that's kinda the area were this spot is were the ladder connects to the roof . Really just looking for any suggestions . Since im new to the rv world .

thank you very much everyone for taken the time to read this
4 REPLIES 4

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am assuming that you are talking about the vinyl covering on the ceiling that is rippled. Sounds like a little movement between the cabinet and ceiling. Not all that uncommon and nothing to worry about.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Kfry
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much for your input . Let the caulking commence !!

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
Until an issue shows itself I wouldn't bother with it. Maybe reseal all the edges on the roof, especially in that area and keep an eye on it. Tearing it open could lead to a lot of unnecessary work. That's my 2 cents worth anyways.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS