Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: USAA Insurance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> USAA Insurance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MORSNOW wrote:

I'm a long time USAA member and have never had an issue with coverage, claims, or cost. It really depends on your driving record, claim history, number of vehicles covered and types of vehicles. And like stated earlier, getting a human within a few seconds who can actually help is worth $100's to me!

It also depends on which zip code you live in...

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/19 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know nothing about their rating struction but I know when I was re-ended in May I took the Wife's explored to a local shop, not a shade tree shop but a pretty well liked shop. So far the bill is over $10,000 for repairs pluss the rental SUV.

My wife's explorer is a Limited model and was two model years old.

The shop told me not to worry, that everything is covered and her EXP. will be just like new. our son in law takes all of his personal and fleet vehicles to this shop.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/19 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently visited a number of collision centers for a repair estimate on my truck (I'm insured with USAA). Although some of the USAA "preferred" collision centers weren't particularly fond of the USAA "red-tape", I found it interesting they all thought USAA was more customer oriented than their competitors. Through the years I've processed claims with a number of big-name insurance companies (GEICO, Progressive, Allstate, etc.), including USAA. Can't say I had a particularly bad experience with any of them. However, IMO USAA does tend to rise above the competition (in banking and insurance) in terms of their customer service.

Larry-D

Middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had Allstate, shopped USAA and at the time they were cheaper overall (vehicle, home and TT - TT was with Progressive through USAA). After a few years they had gone up to where Allstate was cheaper, went back to Allstate. Next year I'll shop USAA again.

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/25/19 11:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You get what you pay for sometimes. We had a fire and our so called farm insurance put the screws to us.

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

emcvay

Moses Lake WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

USAA for us up in WA has been much cheaper than all the rest.

2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

USAA would not insure my Ram 5500 but they did get me in touch with Progressive with a competitive rate on a commercial policy written for personal use (due to GVWR). I am with State Farm on the rest of things I have insured and would not get an additional discount if I moved to USAA or Progressive. We have accident and violation free driving records and have been with State Farm for about 30 years even though I shop other rates. It wasn't until I bought the 5500 that they could not compete on commercial insurance prices.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is worth shopping around.
I had AAA in California, but when I moved to Las Vegas, local AAA agency quadrupled my payments.
So I moved to Geico.
Now from time to time I run comparison and most of other offer who "saved $500 over Geico on average" give me quote twice as high as my current payments.
Beware about those internet quotes. Each time I run some, my email is getting 30 junk mails daily in main box and probably a 100 in junk mail. Not the insurance quotes, but the "get hard" and similar.
That goes for about 2 weeks before quiets.

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/27/21 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unless they re-added it, USAA dropped support for RVs and its a resell to another vendor.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/21 10:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I worked in the legal field a long time and with a lot of attorneys one just told me that they will all put the screws to you usaa did it just a little more politely and politely

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> USAA Insurance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.