Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Feds open 1.4 million acres to hunters and fishermen
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Feds open 1.4 million acres to hunters and fishermen

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
EV2

South Dakota/Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the primary purposes of many (not all) regulations is to provide an advantage to a large donor to the politician that obtained the advantage for the contributor. The stated purpose is simply the cover story for the corruption. Sad, but true.

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

I like clean air and water and the regulations that used to prohibit those who would plunder and pollute for their own greedy purposes from doing as they please.

When the last tree is cut down and the last bit of drinkable water is poisoned and there's nowhere for your children and grandchildren to visit that hasn't been destroyed with industrialization you'll have nothing left to do but eat your petroleum and fossil fuel.

Capitalism works best for everyone only when it's well regulated.

Unregulated capitalism made the USA the greatest country the planet has ever seen. Don't mess with it, if you want your decendents to have the same opportunities to prosper.
Don't worry about the environment too much, until you're ready to enforce it everywhere, because as you blow your brains out trying to save your little portion of the planet, the rest of the world is polluting and destroying their parts of it just as quickly. We share the oceans and the atmosphere with the rest of the world, and if they keep on ruining it, what chance do we have to fix it?

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a very very very sad thread.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

owenssailor

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK wrote:

DFord wrote:

I like clean air and water and the regulations that used to prohibit those who would plunder and pollute for their own greedy purposes from doing as they please.

When the last tree is cut down and the last bit of drinkable water is poisoned and there's nowhere for your children and grandchildren to visit that hasn't been destroyed with industrialization you'll have nothing left to do but eat your petroleum and fossil fuel.

Capitalism works best for everyone only when it's well regulated.

Unregulated capitalism made the USA the greatest country the planet has ever seen. Don't mess with it, if you want your decendents to have the same opportunities to prosper.
Don't worry about the environment too much, until you're ready to enforce it everywhere, because as you blow your brains out trying to save your little portion of the planet, the rest of the world is polluting and destroying their parts of it just as quickly. We share the oceans and the atmosphere with the rest of the world, and if they keep on ruining it, what chance do we have to fix it?

Canadians and Americans put out more pollution per capita than other countries

2011 Jayco 28U
2012 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 6 spd 3.42 (sold)
2017 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 8 spd 3.42
Equal-i-Zer 1400/14000
RotoChocks

owenssailor

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK wrote:

monkey44 wrote:

Yes, a "free country" as long as you abide by the rules and regulations, and restrictions.

However, having traveled much of this world, there is NO other country where I'd rather live. [emoticon]

I totally agree about the USA being the best place om earth to live.
I wish I could live in the US, and become a citizen, but I can't, I'm Canadian, and the immigration rules are much harder for me at my age and without a skill set that would qualify me to emigrate to your country on a "merit basis". Except that I'm financially independent and would be zero burden on any of the US social safety nets.
I just happen to live in a country where the regulations and ideology gets way out of whack most of the time. Very few of my countrymen think there's anything wrong with it, but they don't understand the meaning of personal freedom, like you do. As an example, they think single payer healthcare is great, until it's "wait your turn time" and you really needed something of a critical nature, yesterday.
The taxes up here are punitive to say the least and now we've got carbon taxes all over the place, that do nothing to benefit anyone or anything but the government.
It really puzzles me that the US has an immigration system that lets people from some of the poorest places on the planet enter and stay as long as they want, but I'm prevented from doing the same because I live next door.
Crazy, eh?[emoticon]

I am one of the majority of Canadians that think our single payer health care system is terrific. We spend about 1/2 per capita on healthcare than the US does. We don't have people going bankrupt because they got sick. everyone I know that had a serious medical condition was treated in a timely fashion by excellent medial staff. Ans - we live in a small town 90 miles from a major hospital. Air ambulance can be a lifesaver.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They’ve opened up 1.4 million acres.

The BLM alone administers over 248 million acres of land.

We’re talking about barely one half of one percent. Wooohoooo.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

They’ve opened up 1.4 million acres.

The BLM alone administers over 248 million acres of land.

We’re talking about barely one half of one percent. Wooohoooo.

It beats closing off more.

2001 RoadTrek 190

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If anyone is still looking at this, its interesting that the Federal Govt owns about 640 million acres in the US, which is about the same as Alaska, Texas, and South Dakota combined.

Not trying to stir the pot, but interesting to consider the amount of lane they hold.

Irover

Where ever the Good Lord Wills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am pleased their is 640 =or- million acres of Federal lands as the greedy; grubby; unscrupulous Corporations would finish ruining what some of the public already has, defacing the artifacts and causing damage from vehicles, setting uncontrollable fires, ETC. Thank them instead of being condescending!

dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

What isn't discussed is the 7,500 regulations.

Digging into the weeds of this article it appears most of the changes are aligning the hunting/fishing regulations on National Wildlife Refuges with state regulations on adjacent lands.

Others are updating decades old regulations to reflect improved technology and better understanding of wildlife population dynamics.

Again, the media is trying to catastrophize everything.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Feds open 1.4 million acres to hunters and fishermen
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS