Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toby is now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> Toby is now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry for your loss. Toby loved and was loved by you which he knew. It's not easy losing them to be sure.

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for your loss. No matter what it's never easy. As hard as it was you did the right thing.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

keepmotoring

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 10:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am so sorry about the loss of Toby. I just hope all the wonderful memories will help you through this difficult time.

LUVRVN

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP Here,

Thank you all for your kind words of support.

We have other dogs and I love them all but Toby was special because when I was so sick and had open heart surgery he was the one that stayed right with me only leaving to go outside and a quick meal. Up to his last day wherever I was he was right beside me. Being the oldest he was the other dogs mentor and helped keep them in line. They are wondering around still looking for him. With his age he could no longer get up on the bed and would scratch at the side until you lifted him in. I swear that I have heard him a few times only to get up and find that he is not there. I know that things will get easier with time.

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sure you did hear him. The same happened with me when my Missy died. I heard her for weeks after.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dpgllg wrote:

OP Here,

Thank you all for your kind words of support.

We have other dogs and I love them all but Toby was special because when I was so sick and had open heart surgery he was the one that stayed right with me only leaving to go outside and a quick meal. Up to his last day wherever I was he was right beside me. Being the oldest he was the other dogs mentor and helped keep them in line. They are wondering around still looking for him. With his age he could no longer get up on the bed and would scratch at the side until you lifted him in. I swear that I have heard him a few times only to get up and find that he is not there. I know that things will get easier with time.

Dave
Very sorry to hear of your loss of Toby. After just losing my Collie last month I understand completely. Cooper was such a presence it sure seems empty without him.

I have a Collie pup I got just two months before Cooper's passing. In that short time Cooper taught him a lot.

I know things will be difficult for a while but hope time heals some of your pain, Toby will be in your heart forever just like Cooper will be in mine.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> Toby is now waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS