Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

120 Volt Power Debug Fuse Location

mcdonour
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I own a 2007 Coachmen Mirada class A motorhome.
Have recently found that the 120volt plugs for the front TV, above couch and exterior has stopped working.

Have checked fuses which most are smart fuses that light up when blown.
All seem fine.

Was working short while ago...

Can you direct me to where the fuse would be for these plugs please?
Would it be in the main panel or under the dash?

Any help would be appreciated as I am having trouble tracing problem.

Thank You
Ray
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You may also have an inverter (This is normally an option save on very high end rigs where it is common) Now inverters come in two flavors One is a small one say 300-600 watts. It can be most anywhere Usually it is a "pass through" type with a built in transfer switch IT MAY HAVE A CIRCUIT BREAKER.

The other kind is a big 'un. 2000-3000-more watts This will have a breaker often two may be on the Inverter itself or in a box (Sub panel) somewhere else in the RV.. one brand of Power distribution center has 3 bus bars (one is for the inverter). I have seen "half the outlets and the TV dont' work" reset the breaker and it was fixed.

The other issue.
In a motor home only if the TV can be seen by the driver (Even if it's a pain in the neck) there is a lock out relay (usually in the box the TV is plugged into) and it can fail.. Rare but it can fail.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Since you state the exterior outlet is dead also, that means your GFCI is tripped. FIND the GFCI plug and reset it. The most common place for a GFCI is---first in the Bathroom and second in the Kitchen area. You may have 2 GFCI plugs. These are the 120 receptacles that have the pushbuttons between the 2 plug slots. Doug

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
time2roll wrote:
Reset all the breakers and the GFCI.
X2 Besides the CB panel there may be CBs on the inverter.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I agree; a breaker, not a fuse. Check to see if the breaker panel is labeled. Even if the breaker switch looks to be closed, reset it anyway by flipping it's switch off and then back on again.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
It won't be a fuse ; they are for the 12V circuits. Look for a tripped circuit breaker.