Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Virginia I -81 corrider gas tax.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Virginia I -81 corrider gas tax.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know if this was reported before, but I am sick and tired of politicians who are always looking to tax us more. How about looking at ways to reduce costs? We use I-81 for many of our trips into Virginia and beyond. This is outrageous. https://wcyb.com/news/local/gas-prices-going-up-along-i-81-in-va-starting-july-1

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Number of accidents, and the constant problems around Bedford are mentioned frequently here. But when the Richmond Pol's do stuff like this, somehow the new roads and services always appear around Richmond or in the DC suburbs.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have fought for years to get more road construction in the Great Southwest (100 miles west of Roanoke) and we are finally slated to have some construction in the next 5 years.....we'll see how that goes.

RGar, my suggestion is to fill up before you hit Virginia and keep going. It's a $.07 tax, we will still be cheaper than many of the adjacent states.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

starting july 1st the state gas tax here in illinois will double from $.19 p/g to $.38 p/g. our ethically challenged governor says its needed for capital road and transportation projects but hasn't promised that 100% of the tax will actually go to those projects. he also wants to change the flat income tax to a graduated system he says will affect only the rich but he won't agree to freeze the rates. that's 'sposed to be used to pay down bills but no mention of paying down our debt. in fact new spending is being touted. license plate fees going up, too. amid all of this no mention of cutting spending and waste.

'73,
rich, n9dko
Remember...if you don’t know where you’re going you're bound to end up somewhere else.
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

starting july 1st the state gas tax here in illinois will double from $.19 p/g to $.38 p/g. our ethically challenged governor says its needed for capital road and transportation projects but hasn't promised that 100% of the tax will actually go to those projects. he also wants to change the flat income tax to a graduated system he says will affect only the rich but he won't agree to freeze the rates. that's 'sposed to be used to pay down bills but no mention of paying down our debt. in fact new spending is being touted. license plate fees going up, too. amid all of this no mention of cutting spending and waste.

Pritzger is a turd. Glad I don't live in Illinois.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

doxiemom11

Paris, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michigan governor(new) was trying to raise the gas tax by .45 gallon to fix roads. Various taxes for many years and previous gas tax hikes were supposed to be for the roads - never see any improvement and there is always construction in the Detroit area.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 02:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merrykalia wrote:

RGar, my suggestion is to fill up before you hit Virginia and keep going. It's a $.07 tax, we will still be cheaper than many of the adjacent states.

Yeah, fill up in PA where the tax is more than twice as much. I live in PA but buy 100% of my fuel in other states.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 04:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe dump the RV and vehicles, buy a horse. Oats are on the way down.

[image]

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I vote with my wallet. I simply won't visit states that abuse citizens. If people in the outlying counties of any state are unhappy with their political leadership then get off your tush and vote. You can't tell me that the population centers have more voters than the outlying counties. Don't take your right to vote for granted.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

I vote with my wallet. I simply won't visit states that abuse citizens. If people in the outlying counties of any state are unhappy with their political leadership then get off your tush and vote. You can't tell me that the population centers have more voters than the outlying counties. Don't take your right to vote for granted.

At risk of getting too political on a thread that can be nothing but political.
I agree everybody should vote. But is that all? IMHO, at least as important as the vote is educate yourself. What are your representatives (all levels) talking of doing in your name. If they are talking about a action that will effect you, contact them, let them know what action you prefer they take. And most important, keep track, do they vote in your interest? What they do is more important than their ads, at election time know how to vote.
I wish instead of the little "I voted" sticker we could paint a finger so everybody you saw for a couple of weeks would know you did not vote. Then when you started to witch others could say You had a say, but now you let others take your rights.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Virginia I -81 corrider gas tax.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS