cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thermostat settings

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
My thermostat has three settings for the AC; low, high and auto. I think that low and high refer to fan speed and the compressor works the same in both settings. There is not much difference in fan speed between low and high. But what is auto? The manuals for the thermostat and AC do not say.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y
7 REPLIES 7

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. I will experiment some more next time I am at the trailer.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Our Dometic has high, medium, low and auto. Only time the fan stops is when the desired temp is reached on auto. We run both the AC units on high till night then place them on auto. We're in the mountains and the temps will drop below the set AC temp at night.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
in our MH the fan continues to run after the desired temp has been reached. when using "auto" both the fan snd compressor turn off when the desired temp is reached.

not sure all do that usually you reach temp fan doesnt stay on

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Some models will also switch between high and low blower speed, as well as shut off when satisfied.
-- Chris Bryant

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, with the fan on auto, both fan and compressor will operate on/off as needed. With the fan setting on high/low the AC fan will come on with the furnace. If fan set to auto, only the furnace fan will run.

Jerry

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Auto generally means the fan turns off when the thermostat no longer calls for cooling. Manual or On means the fan runs continually, handy if you just want air circulation and/or lots of background noise without cooling. Typically the High and Low speed settings are independent options from the Auto and On/Manual settings, for a total of four possible permutations.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
in our MH the fan continues to run after the desired temp has been reached. when using "auto" both the fan snd compressor turn off when the desired temp is reached.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle