Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam roadside failed us again!!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam roadside failed us again!!!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of you guys are full of it! Good Sam has a contract with the OP to provide road service.
Good Sam failed! Good Sam failed. I don't know why you guys want to excuse them.
Good Sam is in the business of providing service to RV's, not just passenger cards. Good Sam is fully aware that they will be providing service to everything from a pop up or teardrop to a 45 foot diesel pusher motorhome.
Why do you guys think that it something extraordinary to expect a company that specializes in non traditional road service to properly vet their contractors to ensure that they are equipped to handle the requirements of the job?

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

Some of you guys are full of it! Good Sam has a contract with the OP to provide road service.
Good Sam failed! Good Sam failed. I don't know why you guys want to excuse them.
Good Sam is in the business of providing service to RV's, not just passenger cards. Good Sam is fully aware that they will be providing service to everything from a pop up or teardrop to a 45 foot diesel pusher motorhome.
Why do you guys think that it something extraordinary to expect a company that specializes in non traditional road service to properly vet their contractors to ensure that they are equipped to handle the requirements of the job?

I totally agree with your point. But in the brochure everything is perfect and every shop is competent.
But once you understand every service provider is not vetted by Good Sam , Coachnet or anyone else you will adjust your thinking. Travel on Holidays, Sundays or weird times and competent service providers will become scarce. GS,Coach Net can't save you from reality.
If you are in the middle of nowhere service is also scarce.
Have anything other than a basic vehicle and you may want to have additional tools with you.
GS is not an excuse to not keep your vehicle roadworthy.
Yes GS is a good service to have, however helping yourself is not a bad idea either

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Oklahoma Dan

Owasso

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marcus deserves an apology from those who are blaming Good Sam. The problem in all this is with Castores Towing Company in Oregon and not with Good Sam. When you carry golf clubs in your storage compartment and/or no basic tools at all to serve as a back-up you are part of the problem. The contractor who responds to your road call may be missing a tool. Will you be ready for that or sit hours waiting for another contractor to help you? It's not a perfect world and no matter how much we should complain and insist upon perfection it just won't happen.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oklahoma Dan wrote:

Marcus deserves an apology from those who are blaming Good Sam. The problem in all this is with Castores Towing Company in Oregon and not with Good Sam.

When Marcus sold you a contract that says "Good Sam" and then contracts with Castores Towing and Golf club transport Inc to provide service which sucks, Marcus does not deserve an apology in any way, shape, or form. Your contract is with Marcus.

Maybe an apology would be in order if Marcus cancelled his contract with Castores because of your issue, but I would not hold my breath until that happens.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used GS RA twice. Once when my wife got stuck in a snowstorm and once because my truck had a drive shaft pilot bearing self destruct. The recovery truck showed up within 40 minutes to get my wife out of the ditch, which was impressive when yo consider the number of calls they were getting due to extreme weather conditions.
The rollback unit arrived within 15 minutes to take my truck to the Ford dealer to get it repaired.
Both times I got great service. I know that some people have had poor service, but so far, they have worked well for me.

Bob & Dawn Married 31 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

pismopete

central cal

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Oklahoma Dan wrote:

Marcus deserves an apology from those who are blaming Good Sam. The problem in all this is with Castores Towing Company in Oregon and not with Good Sam.

When Marcus sold you a contract that says "Good Sam" and then contracts with Castores Towing and Golf club transport Inc to provide service which sucks, Marcus does not deserve an apology in any way, shape, or form. Your contract is with Marcus.

Maybe an apology would be in order if Marcus cancelled his contract with Castores because of your issue, but I would not hold my breath until that happens.

Right on.

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 04:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarabooBob wrote:

I have used GS RA twice. Once when my wife got stuck in a snowstorm and once because my truck had a drive shaft pilot bearing self destruct. The recovery truck showed up within 40 minutes to get my wife out of the ditch, which was impressive when yo consider the number of calls they were getting due to extreme weather conditions.
The rollback unit arrived within 15 minutes to take my truck to the Ford dealer to get it repaired.
Both times I got great service. I know that some people have had poor service, but so far, they have worked well for me.

Right on.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) N24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Oklahoma Dan

Owasso

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 04:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Marcus did nothing wrong. He probably carries basic tools when he travels to make a tire change that his vehicle requires as well.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 04:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oklahoma Dan wrote:

Marcus did nothing wrong. He probably carries basic tools when he travels to make a tire change that his vehicle requires as well.

Right on.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Remember the old adage
"Fool me once, shame on you"
Fool me twice,,,,,

Or you get what you pay for. Cheap plan = poor service

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam roadside failed us again!!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS