cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A crappy experience

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
Well, my first time emptying the tanks on this RV, new Rino hose, tight connection, it appeared to be a good seal but it leaked like crazy right into the water service area. What a mess.

I can’t tell if the new hose was faulty as the connection seemed tight.

The manual states that there is a swivel on the valve and pipe but I am not seeing anything like that and the angle of the hose is almost 90 degrees from the connection to the bottom of the compartment.

Very frustrated, would love to see a picture of a like RV dump valve area as I suspect I am missing a piece even though the connection “mates”.

Pardon the subject, just couldn’t help myself.
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z
24 REPLIES 24

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
mlslcan wrote:
Timothy2001 wrote:

I know you solved the leaky hose with a replacement. The swivel that the manual talks about is that the connector pipe (between the grey and black tank valves) will swivel up and down so that it has more of a downward angle when dumping. When in the up position you do not have to worry about spillage when removing the cap to connect the hose if the valves leaked.

Mike

Son of a gun! I've owned my 2005 Georgieboy for 5 years. The idiotic design had the hose always attached and inside a plastic box screwed to the bottom of the rv. Without the box (which cut the stupid hoses) the connection is right even with the floor and a bear to hook up. I read your post, went outside, and my y pipe swived right up to where I can leave my sewer solution and hooked up. Thank you, thank you, thank you! No more kneeling and struggling!
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
My connection is just about even with the hole in the floor. It is a pain to reach. Point being, my hose has clicked in to the bayonet slot, but the back wasn't actually hooked. I learned, the hard way, that I should crack the grey water first, just to check. If your connection is as inconvenient as mine, I strongly suggest you do the same.
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
Timothy2001 wrote:

The manual states that there is a swivel on the valve and pipe but I am not seeing anything like that and the angle of the hose is almost 90 degrees from the connection to the bottom of the compartment.

I know you solved the leaky hose with a replacement. The swivel that the manual talks about is that the connector pipe (between the grey and black tank valves) will swivel up and down so that it has more of a downward angle when dumping. When in the up position you do not have to worry about spillage when removing the cap to connect the hose if the valves leaked.

Mike

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
Solved. Despite being new, the hose was defective. Hooked up an identical, new replacement hose and zero leaks. Now we are ready for the road!
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z

DFord
Explorer
Explorer

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39834-Sewer-Replacement-Gasket/dp/B002XL2I86
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the responses. I am shipping the old hose back and getting another in its place. Will fill the grey water tank with fresh water and test it out ensuring there is an o ring and it's in place. Man, I never want to go through that again.
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I've read about someone who bought a new Rhino that was missing the rubber o-ring.

I have what may seem like an odd experience. My Rhino leaked sometimes. I finally figured out that the extra little bit of the end of the hose material that stuck up inside the locking ring area was causing the leak. When I clamp the hose onto the motorhome pipe, if I would position the hose such that that bit was at the back/bottom, it would leak. But when I position the hose for that bit to be at the top/front, no leaking. This may just be an issue of the angles in my connection. But you might look into it.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

tiffy2000
Explorer
Explorer
The first time I used mine the fitting came right off the hose just after I dumped , thankfully it didn't in the middle of the dump. I also lost the step adapter the last time I dumped as the dump hole was a lot larger than the adapter and it caught on the edge when I pulled it out and dropped down into the dump hole, goodbye adapter ...wasn't about to try and fish it out.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Was there an o-ring on the end of it?
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
As others have said, check the rubber O ring. My hose had always worked fine and one time it leaked bad when I was dumping. The black rubber O ring was missing. I picked up a 3 pack of them at Walmart and that fixed the leaking problem.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take a look at the female connection (The one on the hose) there is SUPPOSED to be a rubber O-Ring in a Track" around the inside edge.. Im guessing not there.

Just a guess though.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the "O-Ring" and make sure it's there and seated properly.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

mr3117r
Explorer
Explorer
I once had that happen to me. The rubber o-ring had come off the inside of the sewage hose connector. Leaked all over.
2006 dodge 3500 srw 5.9 cummins
1995 Winnebago Vectra
16ft hewescraft river runner
1956 chevy bel air

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
I once had an problem where the rubber "keeper" strap for the cover got caught in the connection to the hose so it did not seal properly. OMG what a mess to clean up when all I wanted was to sit with a beer after a long drive.