cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storage compartment door repair or replacement

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
My compartment doors seem to be taking on water, and have become delaminated. There is no water in the storage area, just in the doors. Just wondering if had attempted to repair these doors by replacing the plywood and fibreglass sheet, or reuse the old fibreglass with a spray epoxy or something?
Shawn
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 230BH LTZ
2004 Silverado 1500 CrewCab 5.3
10 REPLIES 10

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
I will measure them tomorrow, i am interested. Not surprised its a keystone, think they were known for it. Mine is a keystone outback 312bh
Shawn

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have 2 new ones that if they are the correct size I would sell very cheap. They are just taking up space in my garage. I bought them for a Keystone and we sold it before I put them on. PM me if you are interested.

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
301TBS wrote:
Can you drill out the rivets on the door and remove the fiberglass, replace it with sheet aluminum?

I was thinking that, or machine a piece of pvc and put the aluminum trim, but dont want to leave the compartment open for long incase i run into problems
Shawn

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
Can you drill out the rivets on the door and remove the fiberglass, replace it with sheet aluminum?
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
If i spend the money to replace mine, would like to go to the pull style latch, is it possible to switch to that style?
Shawn

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
Do the hole openings matter? I think mine just latches on the frame
Shawn

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
I think the corner radii are all the same itโ€™s just the length and height that varies. You just need to measure the hole openings.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at the replacement ones on amazon but it doesn't say anything about radius size on the page. My trailer look great other then these doors, started happening since pretty well new. Poor design on this camper i guess
Shawn

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
I have the exact same problem with my doors. Iโ€™m on the fence about taking them apart and laminating the outer fibreglass skin onto new plywood backing or replacing with new.

Iโ€™d like to reuse the fibreglass skin so it colour matches and the decals match but Iโ€™m unsure if I can get the outer metal trim off without bending or damaging it or if I can I get the old rotted panel off the back of it without damage as well.

I think new would be easier but much more expensive. The new white doors will be bright compared to the rest of the tt and I will have to somehow replace the decals or remove the remainder on the tt which will leave visible discolouration.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

zed1k
Explorer
Explorer
Or a place that can replace my doors with correct radius, i am a machinist so i could make new ones out of 1/2โ€ pvc and have them painted
Shawn