Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
twodownzero

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 10:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm happy with my GY endurance tires so far. Had them since January. I used to only use LT tires, but these are doing the job.

eHoefler

ozark mountains

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-227-104-bravo-series-ue-168

I run the225/70R15C

This is the tire I run on my heavily loaded enclosed work trailer. Been running the for the last 10 years or so. I actually wear them out, alot of tight backing.

2019 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1000FTPD of Torgue!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

califasrams

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After 3 blowouts over the years I've switched from the G614s to Sailun. To early to tell but I'm optimistic with all the favorable comments I've read about the Sailuns.

Califasrams
2005 Chevy 2500 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2013 Coachmen Brookstone 367L

N-Trouble

NorCal

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TXiceman wrote:

LT tires generally have more flexible sidewalls than trailer tires. Also, on an LT, check the load rating.

Ken

^^THIS^^ is so UNTRUE and what the ST tire industry has brainwashed consumers with.

When I had STs pulled off my 5th and replaced with Bridgestone Duravis R250s the sidewalls on them is easily 2x them crappy China Bombs. There is absolutey no comparison between these tires. Dont believe everything you read or hear. See for yourself...

2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

califasrams wrote:

After 3 blowouts over the years I've switched from the G614s to Sailun. To early to tell but I'm optimistic with all the favorable comments I've read about the Sailuns.

G614's continue to have a history of blowouts, there was a report recently on the Montana forum of a G614 blowout. Good decision going Sailun .

As far as the OP, if he goes to 16", Sailun would be a good choice ,but overkill. If he could find the rims that would work.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

califasrams wrote:

Please fill in the details. Were the blowouts determined to be GY's fault or road hazard? What date codes? Did GY replace them for you?

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"G614's continue to have a history of blowouts, there was a report recently on the Montana forum of a G614 blowout."

Details??? Lot's of tires have blowouts that are caused by debris on the road, facts matter.

FACT is GY did have issues with the G614 in early 07 and a bit prior. FACT GY stood behind their tires and replaced then along with any damages no question.

FACT people keep bringing this up after 12 years. FACT is they have had a great record since.

Anyone saying the GY ENDURANCE with 2 years and 5 months on the market is NOT enough time to determine if a tire is going to be dependable is simply against that tire brand.

Tire depth is mentioned and YES it is less than some but I personally have not seen anyone wear one of these tires out.

They simply have a great product at a reasonable price.

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

elishaman wrote:

I need advise on replacing the china oem tires on my 5th wheel. It came with st235x75r15 brand x tires. I am considering going to a Bridgstone Duravis m700 light truck tire in a 225x75r16. The Bridgstone Duravis is within 1" height of the size of the 15" that are on it now. I have used the Duravis on other travel trailers with great results. Of course I would have to buy new 16" custom wheels which will run about $110 each. My other thought was to just replace the 15" tires that came on it with Goodyear Endurance. I have has bad experience with Goodyear marathons. I know the Endurance is suppose to be a completely redesigned tire trying to bring people with bad Marathon experience back to Goodyear. We are planning a cross country trip next year and the last thing I need to worry about is a catastrophic tire failure. Please let me now your opinions.

Personally, were I in your boat, I'd go with the Duravis R250 all-steel tire. Cheaper than the Michelin Ribs and just as good, from what I've read here. Don't forget that you can sell off your old tires and rims and recover quite a bit of your cost back. Also, if you buy a tire/rim combo, it can save you a =lot= of money over buying them separately. Just make [email protected] sure you check the offset of your current wheels and match them. Most RV wheels are zero offset, but there are a few oddballs out there. You can ruin bearings/spindles in short order by running the wrong offset.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lyle....From what I can find out from Bridgestone 1-800 tech line the Duravis R250 has been discontinued and replaced with the new R238. Same all steel ply carcass ribbed type tread like the R250 but has a bit more siping in the tread.
Some large dealers may have the R250 in their warehouse.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

N-Trouble wrote:

TXiceman wrote:

LT tires generally have more flexible sidewalls than trailer tires. Also, on an LT, check the load rating.

Ken

^^THIS^^ is so UNTRUE and what the ST tire industry has brainwashed consumers with.

When I had STs pulled off my 5th and replaced with Bridgestone Duravis R250s the sidewalls on them is easily 2x them crappy China Bombs. There is absolutey no comparison between these tires. Dont believe everything you read or hear. See for yourself...
I agree 100%. The ST tires that came off my last rig were like bicycle tires compared to the Michelin Ribs that replaced them. If they made a LT tire that was in the load range I need, I would have them again in a heartbeat.
B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS