Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

jelly belly bean wrote:

just got back from a 3551.4 mile trip on endurance tires and they were great.Doing 65-70 mph on some of the worst roads I have ever seen on the west coast

Don’t be so quick to do head stands as you have not owned them “long enough”. [emoticon]

Good point.
Come back in 35k-40k miles (5 to 7 years) and gives us a report on them.

Hell we had lots of fans of the old style Carlisle radial trail.....Tow MAX.....Marathons..... others..... who made it 3k-4k miles on the first long trip.

I would say from looking at the new gen Endurance or Carlisle HD they dropped that wheel barrow rounded sidewall profile.
I would bet in 5-7 years they will be hands down better than the older gen tires they replaced for RV trailers.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

jelly belly bean wrote:

just got back from a 3551.4 mile trip on endurance tires and they were great.Doing 65-70 mph on some of the worst roads I have ever seen on the west coast

Don’t be so quick to do head stands as you have not owned them “long enough”. [emoticon]

I agree [emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys are FUNNY!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hold the record for the first Endurance failure/destroyed tire. However it was not the tires fault. Goodyear paid 50% of the cost of a replacement as a goodwill gesture.

I had to have picked this up just before pulling into our Arizona resort, as the tire was still going flat. If it had happen early in the trip, I would have never know the reason for the failure, and maybe blamed the tire.

Tires were 8 months old at the time, and had about 2000 miles of them. They now have around 4000 miles on the origin three and 2000 on the replacement. I have looked pretty closely at the truck and do not believe the bolt came from my truck, however when I go for the next recall I am going to have the dealer look under it. It is similar to my cab mount bolts, so maybe it is a Ford cab mount bolt that was not tightened correctly after a cab removal.

Chris

[image]

[image]

* This post was edited 06/24/19 09:23am by Me Again *

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wait til 4-5 years to see if they will cover 50%.

Njmurvin

Simi Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently had a blowout with my less than a year old GY Endurance. I was taking it out on a short test run for the new fan clutch I put on my truck. Pulling the trailer up a hill was the easiest way I knew to get it hot enough to engage the fan clutch. Since it was such a short run, I neglected to check the tire pressures before going. So, I blamed myself for the blowout. Turns out the pressure in the other tires were fine. It was a road hazard ... something long as it penetrated the tread and scarred the inside of the wheel. I probably drove the better part of a mile before getting off the freeway. The tire was shredded, of course. But surprisingly, the rim and trailer had no damage at all except where the hazard made contact inside the rim. AAA put on my spare, I went straight to Americas Tire and they replaced the tire for free (I had purchased road hazard insurance when I bought the tires). I did have to purchase another coupon for the new tire ($24).

2004.5 Dodge 3500 4x4 Laramie SWB QuadCab CTD, 48RE (auto), Putco Boss Bars, Pullrite Superglide, LineX, Prodigy, PacBrake

2011 Arctic Fox 27-5L

jelly belly bean

u.s.a,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too old to head stands.Just saying after 25 plus yrs. of pulling trailers the endurance tires were the best to my liking and I have gone through some tires in that amount of time and I always change tires in 3 -5 yrs no matter if I go 400 miles or 40000 miles.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Njmurvin wrote:

I recently had a blowout with my less than a year old GY Endurance. I was taking it out on a short test run for the new fan clutch I put on my truck. Pulling the trailer up a hill was the easiest way I knew to get it hot enough to engage the fan clutch. Since it was such a short run, I neglected to check the tire pressures before going. So, I blamed myself for the blowout. Turns out the pressure in the other tires were fine. It was a road hazard ... something long as it penetrated the tread and scarred the inside of the wheel. I probably drove the better part of a mile before getting off the freeway. The tire was shredded, of course. But surprisingly, the rim and trailer had no damage at all except where the hazard made contact inside the rim. AAA put on my spare, I went straight to Americas Tire and they replaced the tire for free (I had purchased road hazard insurance when I bought the tires). I did have to purchase another coupon for the new tire ($24).

GRRRR, I thought for a minute I was reading my FIRST legit ENDURANCE tire failure.

Oh well everybody keep trying!!!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Njmurvin wrote:

GRRRR, I thought for a minute I was reading my FIRST legit ENDURANCE tire failure.

Oh well everybody keep trying!!!

Give it time [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jelly belly bean wrote:

Too old to head stands.Just saying after 25 plus yrs. of pulling trailers the endurance tires were the best to my liking and I have gone through some tires in that amount of time and I always change tires in 3 -5 yrs no matter if I go 400 miles or 40000 miles.

Could you provide us with some information on what size trailer, and the weight. 15", or 16" wheels ,and tires . Also size of the Endurance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS