cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exterior Discoloration

facory
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 FunFinder Xtra Toy Hauler. White fiberglass exterior. Last year we had a water leak in the roof at the right rear corner. It was properly repaired and hasn't leaked since.

As a result of the leak some water must have got into the wall. Now there is a brown color coming through the exterior. I figure it is from either cardboard or plywood that is part of the wall construction. Apparently, it got wet from the leak and the color is coming to the exterior. I have tried various bleach products to neutralize it, but not working.

Anyone have any ideas for getting rid of this discoloration?

TIA
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike
2 REPLIES 2

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
The exterior is a thin filon type,of fiberglass sheet adhered to a 1/8" luan plywood whidh is a brownish colour. Must be bleeding thru....time to tape off area and spray paint area...
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
If it is originating from the inside I would think paint may be your only answer. My bigger concern would be what is actually causing this and are you really just ignoring a bigger problem.

facory wrote:
I have a 2008 FunFinder Xtra Toy Hauler. White fiberglass exterior. Last year we had a water leak in the roof at the right rear corner. It was properly repaired and hasn't leaked since.

As a result of the leak some water must have got into the wall. Now there is a brown color coming through the exterior. I figure it is from either cardboard or plywood that is part of the wall construction. Apparently, it got wet from the leak and the color is coming to the exterior. I have tried various bleach products to neutralize it, but not working.

Anyone have any ideas for getting rid of this discoloration?

TIA
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2