Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quick Connect Outdoor shower

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

So our new (new last summer) trailer has a quarter turn disconnect style outdoor shower hookup. Our older trailer had a standard shower and the head stayed in the compartment. This came with the slinky style hose which also has the quick connect style on the end. Do they make shower heads with this connector on it? I can seem to find one? Or possibly an adaptor? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since the thread on the hose is the same as a garden hose, we just use a sprayer nozzle on ours.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
ependydad wrote:
Landroamer1 wrote:
Mine has the 1/4 turn on one end of the coiled hose to hook to the fixture , and the other end of the hose is standard 1/2" male pipe thread.

Same.

Finally had a chance to play with this a bit more. Mine also has the same. The problem is I want to use the old shower head I took out of the campers shower and that is smaller and does not fit. I was actually thinking my coil hose is 3/4". Looks like normal garden hose?? Anyway, I need the larger female to the smaller male so I can use the shower head. Guess I will dig around to see what I can find. Thanks all!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
BillyBob Jim wrote:
Having had outside showers on 4 different rigs over the years I have yet so see the benefit. The only thing I've found them good for is washing the dog.

I call it "The dog shower" and I don't even have a dog so you got a laugh out of me. (This is not criticism of your post in any way)

IT is actually for rinsing the waste dump hose after you dump or so I believe, can also be used to rinse off sand after a hike to the beach but. hey.

To the O/P.

They make a 1/2 inch quick disconnect. it is not a quarter turn (it works like the 3/4 inch garden hose qd's you find in any lawn and garden section but 1/2 inch) and it will fit your outside shower

Any full service plumbing supply can get 'em.. I've seen 'em in some state parks where they use 'em for the handicapped shower wand and store it in the off season.

First one I found
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Landroamer1 wrote:
Mine has the 1/4 turn on one end of the coiled hose to hook to the fixture , and the other end of the hose is standard 1/2" male pipe thread.

Same.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Having had outside showers on 4 different rigs over the years I have yet so see the benefit. The only thing I've found them good for is washing the dog. Although according to some on RV boards you'll go to the federal penitentiary if you use it and get one drop of soap on the ground. In the least you'll damage the entire ecosystem.

The one we had with the slinky hose and quick disconnect simply had a standard 3/4 garden hose connection on the business end. Not really an outside shower per se, no hot connection cold only, more like a dog hoser than anything. Pretty easy to adapt some type of handheld shower head to the 3/4 hose connection with some off the shelf fittings.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
This doesn't address the shower hose but recently had a small roof leak at my house where the toilet vent pipe goes thru the roof...

Went to local hardware store and found one of those three inch high and maybe 30-inches round plastic tubs that has a hose connection on it...
Very inexpensive... These are normally used to sit a water heater in it and give a way to trap water run off from a busted water heater

Google image

I got to thinking this would be perfect for using with the outside shower setup... You could run the drain hose away from the trailer into the grass somewhere...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Landroamer1
Explorer
Explorer
14 GMC 2500 HD D/A 2018 Wildcat 375 MC