cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Class C. No cabover with washer combo.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’m just starting to look. Preferably used.

I see a Coachman Concord deletes the cabover.

Any others?

I would also like a tv fireplace across from theater seating.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.
18 REPLIES 18

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Correct.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I’m counting outside and inside.

Most DPs and Super Cs have 2-3 out side and 2-3 inside. My Fleetwood has two out side three inside.

Foretravels have one outside and I think one inside. Airstream TT have one outside none inside.

Class Cs have one outside.
So I assume your Airstream takes two steps to get inside. The second step is the main floor. Most typical class Cs have one more than that.

yr2017
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I’m counting outside and inside. Class Cs have one outside.

As I wrote the Renegade had three and the Dynamax two. No inside steps. The Renegade had a washer/dryer we ordered from factory.
Big AL
DOD - 02 APR 2020 - CANCER

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Racine96 wrote:
As far as I know, the only Class C with washer combo is the Leprechaun 311 FS.

That’s the only one I’ve found. It fits the bill pretty close

80” bed, available theater seating across from tv.
I could take it to a custom shop and have the overhead bed turned into storage and convert the dinette to a storage buffet with a small flip up table and two chairs.

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
As far as I know, the only Class C with washer combo is the Leprechaun 311 FS.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our low profile Phoenix Cruiser on an E350 has 3 steps to get into the house. Inside, there is only a 2 inch increase in height from the cab floor to house floor.

Our 3 steps are fairly shallow.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’m counting outside and inside.

Most DPs and Super Cs have 2-3 out side and 2-3 inside. My Fleetwood has two out side three inside.

Foretravels have one outside and I think one inside. Airstream TT have one outside none inside.

Class Cs have one outside.

yr2017
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
Chum lee wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:

Any others?

Your specs so far are leaning more towards a +-34' Class A or a Super C. (possibly with slides)

Chum lee

I’ve got a 38’ DP now. New in 2005.
I am tired of five steps getting in and out. I would like something not as tall and no more than 30-32’. I’m not crazy about driving a C but we drive less and stay longer.
Rarely 300 a day every other day.

There are class Cs that meet most of my wish list but they have a cabover.

If I can’t find what I want factory made I might find one with the washer with a couch across from the dinette then modify it by swapping the couch for theater seating. Remove the dinette and replace it with an electric fireplace a rising tv behind it.
Convert the overhead bunk to storage with cabinet doors. Change to res fridge.

2016 and so it has the six speed.

Five steps - an MCI bus?
The Renegade we sold had three and my grandson's Dynamax has two!
Big AL
DOD - 02 APR 2020 - CANCER

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe one of the old GM (class A) motorhomes would be up your alley? It would probably take some work, either yours or someone previously doing it, to get the laundry service...but in terms of height etc. it seems it would be ideal, and they're just plain cool.

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might look for a Mark IV from the Tardis company. Just, you do have to watch out for Daleks who've mistaken you for Dr. Who.

Apologies for the bad joke. But it does seem like you're proposing to cram quite a bit into a Class C rig.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Phoenix Cruisers don't have the overcab bed. They can configure what you want for the rest of it. Consider getting a tv mount that swivels the tv out to the position you want.
I recently seen pictures of a brand new PC with a very large TV screen mounted directly across from the theater seats. I think both the seats and the TV were in slide outs. I think the TV came up and out of a motorized hidden storage pocket. The factory could install a fireplace simulator there as well. Some of them look quite real and also generate regulated electric heat.

Our son rented an apartment with a single unit washer/dryer combo. It washed and then dried the clothes, all in the same machine in one continuous cycle. Something like that may work in some PC models. Do your research on combo-units and then call the factory and ask if they can accommodate one for you.

Phoenix accommodates many such requests. A few people have residential fridges as you seek. The Phoenix Cruiser forum is loaded with people who had customized requests. The factory is reasonably flexible with such requests and does not gouge the heck out of you which is otherwise common practice in the RV industry.

Phoenix Cruisers cost more than a Coachman Concord, but you get what you pay for. The factory also takes in trades of all kinds and a 38' DP is typical of what I see them reselling on their used RV web page. They also offer financing.

Keep in-mind all Phoenix Cruisers are scaled-down compared to any typical class C for increased mobility and ease of driving, especially appreciated by the ladies. The body is only 93" wide outside and the over-all height is only 10'-1" to the top of the a/c unit, so the interior is going to be more compact than a typical class C. The slide outs are obviously popular for people who desire extra elbow room. But there are some people like us who prefer going slide-less. Coming down in size from a 38' DP would be quite an adjustment.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chum lee wrote:
Big Katuna wrote:

Any others?

Your specs so far are leaning more towards a +-34' Class A or a Super C. (possibly with slides)

Chum lee

I’ve got a 38’ DP now. New in 2005.
I am tired of five steps getting in and out. I would like something not as tall and no more than 30-32’. I’m not crazy about driving a C but we drive less and stay longer.
Rarely 300 a day every other day.

There are class Cs that meet most of my wish list but they have a cabover.

If I can’t find what I want factory made I might find one with the washer with a couch across from the dinette then modify it by swapping the couch for theater seating. Remove the dinette and replace it with an electric fireplace a rising tv behind it.
Convert the overhead bunk to storage with cabinet doors. Change to res fridge.

2016 and so it has the six speed.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:

Any others?

Chum lee

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Phoenix Cruisers don't have the overcab bed. They can configure what you want for the rest of it. Consider getting a tv mount that swivels the tv out to the position you want.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus