cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oven door handle replacement

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 winnebago minnie. The oven door handle has broken. It is a Master Chef unit. I can find the part listed on the web page. But, they say "no longer available". Any suggestions from the experienced experts? Please?!?
7 REPLIES 7

eieioh
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the replies.

JNW57
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 FW with amana stove. Same problem. Lots of web search and a few phone calls. My handle is WP(whirlpool) part#74003929. DISCONTINUED. Inside end of handle had another part #, but it is installed now after the 4 pieces were super glued together and can't be seen. I found a appliance drawer handle at Home depot. Internet #306069910, Model BP55323BBR, Amerock Highland Ridge for $112.00. If you do the measurements, drill 2 holes, it will cover the old holes. The front facing of the door can removed with removal of 2 screws at top and 2 on bottom of door. That's my backup when the glue no longer holds. The WP handle fits a lot of stove models.
2003 DISCOVERY 39L QUAD SLIDE
2014 HONDA CRV EX-L FWD
BLUE OX ALADDIN, M&G AIR BRAKE, KAR GUARD

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
If you can find a replacement handle, be prepared to have a spare set of hands available to help with the reassembly. You have to take the oven door apart to remove/install the handle attaching screws. Installing the lift springs and tensioning them while setting the door in position will try your patience. They must have a special jig (which I don't have) to help them with the initial assembly at the factory. I suggest you install some flat washers to help add some strength/rigidity to the handle/door stiffness so the handle/sheet metal wont bend in the future when it gets leaned on. (which it will)

Chum lee

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
try repair clinic
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Enter the model number on Google with the word "parts" and see what comes up.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming this is just a bar across the front and not some latch mechanism or similar, it seems it wouldn't be too tricky to come up with a usable alternative. Maybe assemble bits and pieces of pipe? Maybe find an appliance handle (or other cabinet handle) with the appropriate spacing? Maybe a towel bas could be used--often they can be trimmed to length?

Another good option is to enquire of RV salvage yards.