Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: pressure tank now bad tasting water rubber taste
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> pressure tank now bad tasting water rubber taste

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
2019john

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed a pressure tank in my travel trailer . now the water has a bad taste like rubber, at first through it was just new but after 5 days camping still has the taste.

2manytoyz

Central FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder if the one you have was intended for drinking water. Pressure tanks also get installed on well water lawn sprinkler systems. Those don't need to be drinking water compatible. Maybe different bladder material is used... just a thought.

Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you flush and sanitize it like the rest of the system? There could have been some residue in the bladder that takes a few fill and drain cycles to clean out.

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 02:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

Did you flush and sanitize it like the rest of the system? There could have been some residue in the bladder that takes a few fill and drain cycles to clean out.

This could be difficult to fix......since draining the whole system may NOT drain the small amount of water that is captured in the pressure tank. Especially if the tank is mounted with the inlet at the TOP.

The tank may have to be disconnected to be flushed good.
I suggest you call the company that makes the pressure tank.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/19 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

This would be my opinion as well. Don't remember any rubber taste from my R.O. home accumulater tank, did flush with bleach when installed.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sam Spade wrote:

mobeewan wrote:

This could be difficult to fix......since draining the whole system may NOT drain the small amount of water that is captured in the pressure tank. Especially if the tank is mounted with the inlet at the TOP.

The tank may have to be disconnected to be flushed good.
I suggest you call the company that makes the pressure tank.

I installed my tank on its side. The cold water line running to the water heater has a tee that goes to the toilet. I installed another tee in order to add the captive air tank in the line going to the toilet. I also added a valve right before the new tee.

When dewinterizing and sanitizing when hooked up to city water or running the pump I can let the tank fill, then shut off the valve, then flush the toilet until the tank empties. Then open the valve to refill the tank and repeat as many times as needed. The tank and valve are under the bunk right outside the bathroom door and the toilet is right next to the door. No problem flushing the tank without removing it.

Using this method, it would not matter what position the tank is installed, since the air in the tank will squeeze the bladder to empty it fully as long as the toilet flush valve is held open until the water stops flowing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> pressure tank now bad tasting water rubber taste
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS