cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rand Mcnally GPS

Bob_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
All of a sudden my RandMcnally GPS quit giving the verbal turn by turn instructions, and posted speed. Called just service, but they have a problem answering the phone. Sent them several E-Mails, and they have responded to most inquiries. Cannot get the unit to work properly from their suggestions, and am now waiting, going on 6 days, for a response to my last message. Do companies not care anymore? Do they think I'm just going to run to the store and buy another? Well if I do it won't be their brand.
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide
5 REPLIES 5

32hotrod
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same problem as many noted here. What we have learned is there was a GPS rollover in April that may have caused this, Calls to tec support take a very long time and all they can say is we are working on a fix for the software. There tec support is offshore so not of much solid support
Does anyone know how to contact them in the US about this.
Ours was bought in Sept from CW and so warranty time is running out

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Customer Service is dead. Regardless of what they say, your call is NOT important to them and they'd rather you didn't bother them.

When compared to the intuitiveness and ease of use of a smartphone app, the standalone GPS units don't measure up or even come close.

If they're ever going to sell me another one, they'd better get on the stick. Until then, I won't be needing the awkwardness of a standalone GPS.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Community Alumni
Not applicable
My moho came with a Rand McNally GPS is a big pile of cow manure. Had I known it was such a piece of junk I would have bought a moho without it and get a portable Garmin unit.

JIMMY034
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Sue wrote:
All of a sudden my RandMcnally GPS quit giving the verbal turn by turn instructions, and posted speed. Called just service, but they have a problem answering the phone. Sent them several E-Mails, and they have responded to most inquiries. Cannot get the unit to work properly from their suggestions, and am now waiting, going on 6 days, for a response to my last message. Do companies not care anymore? Do they think I'm just going to run to the store and buy another? Well if I do it won't be their brand.

I have gone through several Rand SuckNally's for my work truck (semi truck and truck route trucker GPS's), and they have all let me down horribly! I like that they are programmed with all the Walmart stores, which is great for me since that's who I drive for, but overall, they suck. Do yourself a huge favor and get a Garmin. I got a Garmin 770 truck GPS and while I miss a few features of the Rand, I learned to live without them and love the features the Garmin has that the Rand didn't.
2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD 4X4, 6.6L Duramax/Allison, Amsoil dual oil bypass filter system, Demco Recon 21K hitch. 2004 Puma 28' 5th wheel. USAF/Desert Storm Vet. CDL-A driver for Walmart.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Just for kicks, did you try resetting it?