cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wolf Creek 840 Question

letumwork
Explorer
Explorer
Today when emptying the tanks I noticed that the rear strap holding the fresh water tank off the floor in the basement area is broken. The tank is sitting on the drain valve. I don't know how long its been broken but I can't believe the tank didn't crack at the fitting. I cannot tell if the tank has shifted position or not. There are wooden blocks at the rear and side of the tank right now. Are those blocks supposed to be on the side of the tank or under it? Has anyone experienced this issue before and if so how did you correct it? Very limited space to work in in the little rear hatch area. I may be able to re-attach the strap if I lift the tank a little but it's plumbers tape and very flimsy and will probably break again plus its only held in place with 2 short screws. Weak engineering at best! Thanks!
2008 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins, KYB Shocks, Timbrens, Torklift Stableloads and fastguns, Hellwig rear swaybar.
2015 Wolf Creek 840, 200 watts solar.
8 REPLIES 8

letumwork
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting on top of the blocks makes more sense to me than the blocks being used to prevent side to side movement. So mine has shifted and come off the blocks which is probably what caused the strap to break. May have slipped off the rear blocks when I was off road. I'm going to see if I can lift it enough to slide some new blocks under the rear of the tank to at least take the pressure off the drain valve. Hope it works! Thanks for the picture, it was definitely helpful. I'm sure this has happened to others with this setup as the engineering seems a little suspect to me. Why use stubby little blocks every few feet when they could of just built supports all around the edges. The way it is now you hit one good bump with a full tank of water and there she goes off the blocks- snapped strap. Oh well, it is what it is. time to figure out an upgrade. Too bad access is so limited.
2008 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins, KYB Shocks, Timbrens, Torklift Stableloads and fastguns, Hellwig rear swaybar.

dhull
Explorer
Explorer

I have 2017 model. Tank sits on top of blocks under edge of tank.

letumwork
Explorer
Explorer
The camper is a 2015 model. Photos would be helpful. Thanks!

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
What model year is your 840? I just picked up a 2018 last summer, I'm working out of town or I would snap some pictures and look at mine.
2009 Ford F350 V10 4.10 FX4 Crew Cab SRW, Timbrens, Leer Topper

letumwork
Explorer
Explorer
The blocks are meant to be on the sides then. That's one mystery solved. I reattached the strap after emptying the tank and lifting it a little with a wedge but it immediately sagged back down onto the drain valve and that's without water in it. I may have to use some blocks or wedges to support the corner so the weight isn't on the valve. Ugggg! Not sure if the Arctic fox models are built the same but I can't imagine Northwood expected a 20 gallon water tank to be held up by plumbers tape straps and 2 little screws. Any other suggestions for a fix would be appreciated. Thanks for the responses so far.

Cabman_850
Explorer
Explorer
I have a WC 850 and the blocks are to be beside the water tank to help keep it from shifting around.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might want to search for an Arctic Fox fix. It sounds similar to the problem they were having years ago. Since it’s the same manufacturer, hopefully an Arctic Fox owner will help if not a Wolf Creek owner.

Good luck.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Contact Wolf Creek management in writing and by phone. Raise heck. They claim top quality.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad