cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flying J Dedicated RV Lanes

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I've never got fuel at a Flying J. Quite a few Pilot stations but none of those that I've been to have dedicated RV Lanes and there are no Flying J's on the way to where we've traveled in the Northeast. At the Pilot stations, sometimes it's tight getting in and out with my Gas truck and 5th Wheel. When we go South this fall, we will have the option of using Flying J's for fuel and I know many of them have dedicated RV Lanes. My question is..For those Flying J's that do have the dedicated RV lanes, do they have Gas pumps as well as Diesel pumps or just one or the other type of fuel or is it different for each place and a phone call to the store should be made? It sure would be nice to have easy in and easy out gas pumps available.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.
29 REPLIES 29

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Join Sams Club for $40 and get their credit card. 5% return on all gas purchased up to $6000 worth of gas.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I looked into getting a Pilot Plus Gas Credit Card. You have to be a Good Sam member to get the card. We let our membership expire because even with the discount at CW, it's still more expensive than buying stuff on Amazon. Then half of the campgrounds we've stayed at used to honor GS but don't any more so we rarely got a discount off our stays. It just wasn't worth the money to keep the membership. So I would have to re-join at a cost of $30 to then get the Gas Credit Card in order to save 10 cents per gallon. So before I even break even, I have to put in 300 gallons of gas. I live in New York State. I won't use that many gallons of gas going to Florida and back. It's just not worth the hassle. If I was a full timer, then I can see the benefit but being weekend warriors during the summer without a Pilot or FLying J available most of the time and snowbirds to Florida makes it hard to just break even.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
We usually look for a Love's truck stop. Never had a problem getting into any of the gasoline lanes, (my RV has the gas fill at the drivers side back wall, and I'm 31ft) and they have dedicated RV overnight parking lanes out front away from the big rigs in back. We usually look for one using the app, call to verify overnight RV parking and go there and in the morning fill up the gas and head out. Most have dump stations and fresh water, some sort of fast food etc... Works for us
Proud father of a US Marine

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
My other beef is every car lane is open but the small Toyotas and hondas use the RV lane.

I can usually get into the car lanes...if I block traffic while jockeying around in a 87 point turn.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"If you have the Flying J card you get 8 cents a gallon off diesel."

Credit card right? If I use my Costco Visa I get 4% off so that is 12 cents per gallon based on $3 per gallon.

The Good Sam membership card (not a credit card) is good for 8 cents/gallon off on diesel and 5 cents off on gas at PFJ stations. We pay with our PenFed Cash Rewards VISA Card for an addition 5% off.

Save Today at Pilot Flying J!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"If you have the Flying J card you get 8 cents a gallon off diesel."

Credit card right? If I use my Costco Visa I get 4% off so that is 12 cents per gallon based on $3 per gallon.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the Flying J card you get 8 cents a gallon off diesel.Only problem with the separate pumps is sometimes people fill up and go into store. Some pumps have signs on them to move forward after refueling. One time there were 2 motor homes at the pump. They were there when we got there and there when we left and no one was around. We had to use the regular pumps but sometimes that's not possible. Fortunately most people are considerate and move after fueling.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
I'm ok with not paying the lowest prices. It's worth it to me to have the convenience of easy in/easy out.

Returned home Thursday and saw diesel for 2.45 and then 2.29 in Ooltewah, Tn. A bit off the intertate for the 2.45 price but right near for the 2.29 might take the car off for that price 78 cents per gallon difference from Pilots on the Interstate at 2.99 to 3.14. $78.00 savings is good.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
Just don't think all FJ RV lanes are created equal. Quite a few feed directly towards the c-store, then a fight with idiots getting lotto tickets, five hot dogs five different ways,etc. Haven't fueled at FJ for a number of years.

Then add the RV drivers that can't drive, no thanks.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Ouch! Instead of Easy in/Easy out he preferred Easy Down.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
"But the gas was 10 cents cheaper than the Flying J"

Video
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
quit using truck stops and getting ripped off. Get the gas buddy app and check prices, filled diesel today @ $2.41 FJ $2.99.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

jdealcpa
Explorer
Explorer
I will not fuel at the RV lane, never ever, wonโ€™t do it. Iโ€™ve seen too many inconsiderate folks tie the lane up while they order food, shop the c-store etc etc and fuel up, wash the vehicle, talk to the person in the other lane and oh yes walk fluffy. Iโ€™d rather take my 40 ft class A towing a toad to a regular station. I scout out the station on google earth before I stop and check the price on GasBuddy. Yep your right I wait to get to the pump I want on occasion but never like the RV lane. I have never had to unhook or had too much difficulty getting in or out of a station.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand why some people think the fueling lane is a parking space. Pull in, Pump your fuel, Pull out. You need to go in the store? Go find a parking space and park there. Let others get their fuel and be on their way. Sometimes I feel like walking up to them and look in amazement and ask to shake their hand telling them that it's a real honor because they are the first real live Rocket Surgeon I've met.