Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Flying J Dedicated RV Lanes
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Flying J Dedicated RV Lanes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ouch! Instead of Easy in/Easy out he preferred Easy Down.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsallyh wrote:

Just don't think all FJ RV lanes are created equal. Quite a few feed directly towards the c-store, then a fight with idiots getting lotto tickets, five hot dogs five different ways,etc. Haven't fueled at FJ for a number of years.

Then add the RV drivers that can't drive, no thanks.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

I'm ok with not paying the lowest prices. It's worth it to me to have the convenience of easy in/easy out.

Returned home Thursday and saw diesel for 2.45 and then 2.29 in Ooltewah, Tn. A bit off the intertate for the 2.45 price but right near for the 2.29 might take the car off for that price 78 cents per gallon difference from Pilots on the Interstate at 2.99 to 3.14. $78.00 savings is good.

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have the Flying J card you get 8 cents a gallon off diesel.Only problem with the separate pumps is sometimes people fill up and go into store. Some pumps have signs on them to move forward after refueling. One time there were 2 motor homes at the pump. They were there when we got there and there when we left and no one was around. We had to use the regular pumps but sometimes that's not possible. Fortunately most people are considerate and move after fueling.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"If you have the Flying J card you get 8 cents a gallon off diesel."

Credit card right? If I use my Costco Visa I get 4% off so that is 12 cents per gallon based on $3 per gallon.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"If you have the Flying J card you get 8 cents a gallon off diesel."

Credit card right? If I use my Costco Visa I get 4% off so that is 12 cents per gallon based on $3 per gallon.

The Good Sam membership card (not a credit card) is good for 8 cents/gallon off on diesel and 5 cents off on gas at PFJ stations. We pay with our PenFed Cash Rewards VISA Card for an addition 5% off.

Save Today at Pilot Flying J!

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My other beef is every car lane is open but the small Toyotas and hondas use the RV lane.

I can usually get into the car lanes...if I block traffic while jockeying around in a 87 point turn.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 03:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We usually look for a Love's truck stop. Never had a problem getting into any of the gasoline lanes, (my RV has the gas fill at the drivers side back wall, and I'm 31ft) and they have dedicated RV overnight parking lanes out front away from the big rigs in back. We usually look for one using the app, call to verify overnight RV parking and go there and in the morning fill up the gas and head out. Most have dump stations and fresh water, some sort of fast food etc... Works for us

Proud father of a US Marine

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked into getting a Pilot Plus Gas Credit Card. You have to be a Good Sam member to get the card. We let our membership expire because even with the discount at CW, it's still more expensive than buying stuff on Amazon. Then half of the campgrounds we've stayed at used to honor GS but don't any more so we rarely got a discount off our stays. It just wasn't worth the money to keep the membership. So I would have to re-join at a cost of $30 to then get the Gas Credit Card in order to save 10 cents per gallon. So before I even break even, I have to put in 300 gallons of gas. I live in New York State. I won't use that many gallons of gas going to Florida and back. It's just not worth the hassle. If I was a full timer, then I can see the benefit but being weekend warriors during the summer without a Pilot or FLying J available most of the time and snowbirds to Florida makes it hard to just break even.

swphotobug

varous

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Join Sams Club for $40 and get their credit card. 5% return on all gas purchased up to $6000 worth of gas.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Flying J Dedicated RV Lanes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS