cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery disconnect on '16 Silverado 1500 4wd

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm setting up a '16 Chevy Silverado 1500 4wd to tow behind our motorhome. One of the instructions in the owner's manual is to disconnect the negative battery cable at the battery. How is the best way to do this? The battery is in a difficult place to get to plus the negative battery terminal is recessed into the battery making a common battery disconnect switch almost impossible to use. Has anyone figured out a workaround to solve this problem? Thanks, Max.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan
3 REPLIES 3

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler is correct. I once towed a Ford Focus with the same requirements. Roadmaster installed a solenoid which allowed me to push a button to disconnect the battery, That made it really easy.

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler is correct. I once towed a Ford Focus with the same requirements. Roadmaster installed a solenoid which allowed me to push a button to disconnect the battery, That made it really easy.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Several companies make a disconnect switch with remote capability. I'd also find out why the battery needs to be disconnected. If it's just a battery discharge consideration then an change line from the MH can solve that problem.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob