Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Wow! Dealer Comments!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Wow! Dealer Comments!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
mtofell1

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Everyone knows who it is anyway.

??

Pretty big country with lots of dealers. I have no idea who is being talked about.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mtofell1 wrote:

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Everyone knows who it is anyway.

??

Pretty big country with lots of dealers. I have no idea who is being talked about.

Pretty big country but only 1 dealer that could even make the claim to be "nationwide". Add to that the OPs profile which says "Sunny Southwest" along with his statement their were 2 branches in his state.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Sorry, but I think you got a realistic, honest response.

I bought our first fifth wheel out of state - much better price than local, and the local dealer didn't give us the time of day. Well, we had nothing but problems when it came to warranty work because the local guy didn't want to do it.

I did the opposite when I bought my last new boat. Paid a little more to go with the local dealer, and I get nothing short of OUTSTANDING service - always put at the front of the line.

To me, the bottom line is if you want the dealer to do warranty/service work, the selling dealer is at least as important as the brand of RV you buy. Get a bad dealer, and your experience can be terrible.
While I agree about realistic response it can be said in a much better way. Simply state that units they sell will take priority in being serviced. I paid a little more for my new pontoon boat from the local dealer,(family type dealer). The service they provide is second to none.

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Why is it folks have a bad experience with a dealer and take the time to post, but wont put up the name of said dealer? Everyone knows who it is anyway.

Or don't name the great dealer.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 03:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fix pay plans and you fix the problem. This nonsense has been going on since the Model T when commission based pay plans are used.
I was chatting with a multi store GM dealer in his open door office when a customer came in and thanked him for saving $3k playing 2 of his stores against each other. He was POd but didn't fix the problem.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs

Fisher Bill

Tigard

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've heard of truck dealers saying the same thing, neighbor priced out a Dodge truck in Portland compared to an Idaho dealer and the Portland guy said they would not do the warranty work for the Idaho truck.

I think there's enough qualified dealers out there so he just found another, I don't even think they can turn you away but those are trucks and not trailers...

2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

sidney

Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am Groot

afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarabooBob wrote:

While looking for a replacement for my last TT, I stopped at this national chain and got a great price on the unit that I wanted. When we were walking back to the sales office, the salesman informed me that the add ons included $1000 delivery, $200 for battery and box, $100 for a full LP tank or $250 for 2 full LP tanks, $300 for paperwork, I stopped listening and turned around and walked out the door.

I bought a similar model (also Forest River but different brand) I just about fell off my chair when the salesman informed me that the price on the information sheet sitting on the counter of the TT included everything except tax and license. I had my wife go back to the dealer to look at the TT, while talking to her, the salesman informed us that they would also add an electric tongue jack at no cost, we signed the paperwork on the spot.

When I fired up the furnace a couple of months later and discovered that it did not work, I contacted the dealer and he said bring it in. They fixed it the same day, let it run overnight, and I picked it up the next day. No hassle, no ****, no charge.

When I buy my next TT, guess who will get my business? The dealer could not buy the kind of advertising that he gets from me. Several friends have bought from him with the same type of service.

Please name the good dealer, as much as forums like to highlight the bad dealers and salesmen we should also bring up those who treat us well and drive a fair bargain.

2017 KZ Sportsmen Classic 181BH
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
E2 WDH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Wow! Dealer Comments!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS