cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lights stay on

CBD_user
Explorer
Explorer
Funny thing, I took my 5th owl in for ac work. Now all the running lights are on. I'm plugged into shore power at the park. My truck is not connected. What gives? How do I turn them off?
7 REPLIES 7

BobSchaar
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned above, sounds like the pig tail connector on the 5th wheel is shorting (corrosion, etc). I had a problem with my Chevy Colorado where my running lights would not turn off. Tore the 7 pin connector at the rear of the truck apart. Corroded...BAD! Replaced it and the light issue went away.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
enblethen wrote:
Sounds like the battery and running light contacts in the connector to the TV are shoted to gether.
Inspect the connector for damage.

X2. They are the two top pins, right next to each other. Take the hood off the 7-way connector and look for a loose or stray strand of wire between them.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
ghost elec ??

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
The pigtail is shorted in the plug of the cable

Or you have PINCHED the 7 way cable. The Clearance lights are ONLY junctioned at the front 5th wheel plate where the 7 way cable is located. LONG shot is the connection where the 7 way cables connected to the RV, usually in a 4 by 4 box at the hitch area. Maybe the 7 way cable has been pulled too hard and pulled the connections loose in the box. Doug

PS, there is nothing the Shop could have done doing AC work unless they DID pinch that 7 way cable when moving the RV around the lot. Doug

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
The pigtail is shorted in the plug of the cable

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Marker lights aren't connected to the coach electric system unless someone did a modification. Possibly a short in the bargman cable or the junction box it disappears into.

The marker lights are all grounded, so they just need 12v from somewhere to turn on. Leakage between two corroded wire nuts for example, is enough to light up LED lights.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like the battery and running light contacts in the connector to the TV are shoted to gether.
Inspect the connector for damage.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker