cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crater Lake

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We spent the last 4 days at a wonderful National Forest campground just south of Crater Lake N.P.
Farewell Bend campground was very nice, nice big level paved sites, friendly hosts. It was the cleanest, neatest camp we have stayed in.
It was about a mile from the Crater Lake park road entrance.
There was still snow at the lake and the road around the lake was not completely open, but there was plenty to see.
It was beautiful, cool mornings and nice warm sunny days. We enjoyed a few other interesting sites around the area including a short steep hike to a cool water fall.
Highly recommended.

jesseannie
6 REPLIES 6

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Crater Lake is absolutely beautiful. We were there in mid June and the snow was high, the road around the lake was closed but the lodge was open. We stayed at a lovely KOA in Kamath Falls, great personal and facilities.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
No one loves Crater Lake as much as people from Oregon. I really like the forests of the headwaters of the Rogue River in the vicinity.

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
We LOVE Crater Lake. I was a Ski Patroller for 14 years ( 1998 -2012). We took the truck up there while staying at Cascade Meadows RV Resort (near La Pine) on 4-19-19. Only the south entrance was open.

I'll be going there next weekend or so on the bike from Cascade Meadows again. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
A great place. I first went in 1972. In those days campground bears were a nuisance. We had visits from 4 different bears in one night.

It is high in elevation and snow can come early around Labor Day.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for reminding me about this campground.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I love Crater Lake. We were there once when the snow was over our heads. (But we camped in Klamath Falls