Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Overnight at Wally's
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Overnight at Wally's

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem in Whitehorse was NOT the overnighters, it was the people LIVING there for the summer.

A lot of seasonal workers ‘camp’ in the bigger towns for the summer because of the very high rent, if you can even find a place, then go home for the off-season.

2 Retired

Montross, Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH and I have never stayed at a WalMart parking lot. We lived in Myrtle Beach, SC for over a decade and saw far too many take advantage of the concept of 'overnight' stay. Campgrounds are disappearing all over the country, due to high overhead, taxation, and the like. If we want them to be available when we would want them, we must use them! Understand the financial rewards of using a business parking lot to stop to sleep, but too many have used this as an 'option' in place of paying to camp while on vacation. In MB, some would stay at WalMart the whole week, or even two, of their visit - not what that lot is there for!

Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

tony lee

Dallas TX to AK via Niagara Falls and Dempster Hwy

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 12:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The snarky reporter referring to the fantastic view of Canadian Tyre in Walmart parking lot was looking the wrong way.
Nothing wrong with the view we had looking across the road
[image]

Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will always get snarky replies from people who never had a business on the subject.
I like to stop at RV parks for option of long showers, but $40+ pricing, what in lot of areas is more than local hotel room is not making it affordable.
Then I am good with my tanks for 2 days and short showers, so overnight stops at rest areas, Walmart and such is very good option.
On other hand I see that in last decade lot of RV parks become "residential parks". About 90% of RV parks in Las Vegas don't take 1-night travelers.
Isn't that cheating when you open RV park only to take monthly customers?
I will not even try to establish when pricing become price gouging.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Overnight at Wally's
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS