Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Outer Banks National Park Service campgrounds
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Outer Banks National Park Service campgrounds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
huachuca

Tarboro, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/19 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pbeverly wrote:

Do the Oregon sites have Water and Electric? From the website it looks just like electric. Website a little confusing, perhaps because I look at at when I wake up at 5am and am not functioning on all cylinders. While the site says water hookups when you look at reservation section I see electric hookups but no mention of water.

We want to do Outer Banks but that trip will probably be in a year or two. Have looked at the commercial CGs, any comments on those?

The NPS Oregon Inlet campground has 20-25 sites with both electric and water hookups. I'm not sure of the amperage as we seldom camp there but have seen some big boys plugged in.

Camp Hatteras, KOA and Ocean Waves (all in the Rodanthe area) seem to be the most popular commercial cgs. We prefer the more laid back atmosphere found further south around Buxton and Hatteras. Frisco Woods would be my choice there for hookups.

Shade and understory vegetation for privacy are pretty much non-existent at any of the Outer Banks campgrounds. The commercial ones pack you in way too close for my liking. The NPS sites are typically a good bit larger and the Frisco campground south of Buxton is located among the dunes has several secluded sites (but no hookups).

Hope you're able to visit with us soon.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Outer Banks National Park Service campgrounds
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.