Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Looking for advice
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Looking for advice

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
GeoBoy

Southeast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 05:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

unpaulie wrote:

wow...that went south quickly....Shame we just cant discuss the topic.

And then it took a turn to the Twilight Zone.

Lawsuits and felonies, faults, injuries, investigators.

Skeery Stuff.

Call it skeery stuff, all you want. If I or my spouse was injured in an accident because someone was negligent or because they didn’t want to drive the proper vehicle for the load because it was inconvenient for them, I would have them prosecuted and then sue them.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GeoBoy wrote:

BillyBob Jim wrote:

unpaulie wrote:

wow...that went south quickly....Shame we just cant discuss the topic.

And then it took a turn to the Twilight Zone.

Lawsuits and felonies, faults, injuries, investigators.

Skeery Stuff.

Call it skeery stuff, all you want. If I or my spouse was injured in an accident because someone was negligent or because they didn’t want to drive the proper vehicle for the load because it was inconvenient for them, I would have them prosecuted and then sue them.

Whatever floats your boat. These types of comments have been going around RV boards since RV boards have been in existence. People get prosecuted and sued all the time for all kinds of things.

Despite the comments I have yet to see one real world example where someone was prosecuted because they were over on some weight when towing an RV trailer, and if you can somehow provide one it would have to be an example of gross negligence, Re; having to do with a total idiot. Not some guy who hooks his boat up to his truck with a truck camper.

Back to the original post.

I have a 2019 Ram 2500 CTD and looking at a Cirrus 720 and 820. I will pretty close to max payload and I want to tow my 20 foot bass boat. I have purchased air bags as well. Has anyone else setup a truck camper and bass boat? How was the experience. Bigger truck is not an option.

The OP is talking about towing a bass boat. I had a 20' fiberglass Ranger 205VS, which weighed @ 2K lbs, and the hitch weight may have been 150 lbs on a rainy day when the carpet was wet. You could pick it up by the coupler and spin it around in the driveway easily if you were not a wuss. Some of you people are off your rocker with the weight BS.

I've had enough entertainment. You folks go right ahead and obsess over this weight police foolishness and the legalities of same to your hearts content.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weight police aside, go lighter if you can get by with it, so that means the 720 I think. I’m assuming you will mostly just be sleeping in it. On most SRWs, the tires are the limiting factor. I agree the bass boat will have a light tongue weight, and shouldn’t be much of an issue as long as you can handle the TC with no issues. For towing, most people get into an issue when they use a long extension. Sounds like you will be using a conventional length ball mount, so that should be good.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Looking for advice
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS