Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

p-30 suspension air bags

schwartzman_dav
Explorer
Explorer
Own a 1993 Winnebago Brave.23RC.
To replace air bag inside coil springs need to know if it is a P-30! Neither Winnebago nor chevy can tell me! It IS built on a Chevy chassis with a 454 engine.
5 REPLIES 5

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
schwartzman.david wrote:
To replace air bag inside coil springs need to know if it is a P-30! Neither Winnebago nor chevy can tell me! It IS built on a Chevy chassis with a 454 engine.

The Motorhome IFS's are all P32.
Airbag replacement is a joke and a complete waste of time and money.
Henderson Super Steer coils is the only way to go and ordered according to the front end weight.
Tip...Go heavier on the coils, if anything.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
P 30 front coil springs with the air bags. The Air bags are NOT a comfort installed system. They are required to be installed and inflated to get the chassis to correct driveability and weight classification for steering. Now, If the after market coil springs do that job, then get the coil springs replaced and forget about using the Air Bags as a replacement. That way you do not have to constantly air the bags up and check them or replace them when they wear out. Doug

PS, remember this is required for the aftermarket springs.

BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR FRONT AXLE WEIGHT BEFORE ORDERING. WE NEED THE ACTUAL WEIGHT AND NOT GVW OR WHAT IS LISTED ON THE VIN PLATE. PLEASE PUT THIS WEIGHT IN THE "ORDER NOTES" BOX AT CHECKOUT

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If you are going to keep the rig, get the Henderson replacement coils springs.
Or if funds do not allow for replacement get the replacement air bags, but not from GM.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
Do not replace the coil spring airbags. Replace with Henderson Front Coil Springs, I didn't and I am sorry, My new Bags didn't last 4 yrs before one of them split the seam on the bottom. As it turns out the coach drives and handles great without them.
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
schwartzman.david wrote:

Here are 2 threads that you might want to read regarding this subject.

P30 or P32

P30 or P32 explained

Also, while we're at it, here is a link to know how to decipher the vin of your coach.

Vin numbers.
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.