Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fresh water tank oveflow lines will not stop leaking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Fresh water tank oveflow lines will not stop leaking

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe there is far more likelihood of collapsing the tanks. DAMHIK

dedmiston wrote:

Solution Number 1: "Yeah, that happens sometimes with these units. To break the flow of the siphon, just hold the end of your compressor hose against the vent line and give it a couple of short blasts to clear the line."

That worked just OK, but I knew it was a horrible idea to blast air into the tanks and risk bursting them.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Skidus1

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed 90 degree valves on both of my fresh water vent lines, when I see water running out of them I turn off the hose then turn both valves to stop any water loss. Keeps it in the tanks until I get set up camping. Just have to remember to open the valves after a bit of water use so the tanks can vent and not collapse.

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/19 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Skidus1 wrote:

I installed 90 degree valves on both of my fresh water vent lines, when I see water running out of them I turn off the hose then turn both valves to stop any water loss. Keeps it in the tanks until I get set up camping. Just have to remember to open the valves after a bit of water use so the tanks can vent and not collapse.

I'd rather install a one way valve than a manual one, what if you forget to open it? I suppose the water pump will just starve, doubt it has sufficient power to collapse a tank.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Fresh water tank oveflow lines will not stop leaking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS