cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our new 2019 Rubicon

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
As a up date to the other thread, our new Rubicon weighs 4280, which is lighter that the 07 Wrangler which was 4535.
Why, ? smaller engine 2.0 turbo vs the 3.8 V6. Aluminum used in the body. and a much lighter frame.(mostly stamped sheet metal, not nearly as robust as the 07.)
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
5 REPLIES 5

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I don't drive one 'cause I know how they are put together.

That's also why no one from Elkhart Indiana owns an RV. ๐Ÿ˜‰

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Keep buying those FCA Jeeps, keeps me working.... I don't drive one 'cause I know how they are put together.

:B
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Keep buying those FCA Jeeps, keeps me working.... I don't drive one 'cause I know how they are put together.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2017 wrangler rubicon. Yes it has steel door vs aluminum. I've noticed on the new wranglers the aluminum doors reflect light and shows deformation in the door. Like it's wrinkled. Must be something with the aluminum stamp door. The older models don't show this. Maybe the rear door and hood are aluminum too?

Not to mention the new wranglers have the engine start stop feature. I hate that. We have it on our Grand Cherokee.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Lighter is the new mandate for improved MPG.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad