cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVPetSafety vs Marcell

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking for an environmental monitor capable of sending SMS alerts, and it looks like these are the two that fit our requirements:

- AT&T or Verizon Cellular (not Wifi/ hotspot dependent)
- Operates on shore power with internal battery backup

The RVPetSafety device seems to have a nicer app, GPS tracking which is nice if the rig is ever stolen, and is a little less expensive with the current promotions.

The Marcell device allows you to notify on shore power loss, which is a nice feature. And cost isn't really a big concern.

Does anyone have experience with these devices, and which would you go with?
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s
7 REPLIES 7

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone - I had been pondering a temp monitor system and just ordered the RV Pet Safety system. We'll be sightseeing in the SW US this fall; and should have more peace-of-mind about leaving the dogs in the van for a while (no 110v A/C, but the fantastic fan keeps the well-insulated van at ambient temp - and if it's 100+ degrees, *I* am not going to be doing anything other than driving, anyway....LOL!)
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Another very satisfied customer of RV PetSafety. Their new app works great and now on the Verizon network and new pricing, it's a very good product in our opinion.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Pet Safety looks good, too. So far I'm very happy with Marcell. It notifies you by email, messages and with a phone call. Our phones goes berserk with alerts, LOL. We also use the Marcell in our home when we're not using the motorhome.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

4LeggedToyz
Explorer
Explorer
Also RVPetSafety has the best customer service that Iโ€™ve ever seen. Easily accessible from their app and they are very responsive.

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Great to hear, I know which one I'll be ordering. Thanks.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
amxpress wrote:
We use RV Pet Safety and it has worked very well for us.
It does notify of a loss of AC power. It then monitors battery status. We were out West in 100+ degree weather and it kept us informed of the temperature inside the trailer. Easy to use, reliable, and reasonably priced.

X2
2010 Suncruiser

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
We use RV Pet Safety and it has worked very well for us.
It does notify of a loss of AC power. It then monitors battery status. We were out West in 100+ degree weather and it kept us informed of the temperature inside the trailer. Easy to use, reliable, and reasonably priced.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo