cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 Livin lite vrv 8.5x20 VS. 2018 jayco octane 222

Drummn22
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to decide which to buy. I will be hauling 800lbs of toys with the TV being a 14 Tundra CM. The VRV is about 2k cheaper than the octane. Both are in my price range. Which would you all go for and why? I am struggling with which one is best. The camper I have now I have had 9 years. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
No brainer. The 14 models are all aluminum.

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
For me? It's a no brainer, Livinlite VRV.
All aluminum construction, frame walls, ceiling joists, interior cabinet framing as well, aluminum welded tubing. Exterior is higher quality fiberglass gelcoat, If anything ever leaks, there is literally nothing inside to damage. Not sure about 2014, but it may also have Azdel sheet for interior walls and ceiling. The roof also is aluminum, so nothing to worry about there either. The flooring is formed u-channel aluminum, like what's in a horse trailer, extremely strong.

I guess, everything about it, is far superior to the newer Jayco. Livinlite is now owned by Thor, and while the brand is discontinued, I think parts and support are still available.

There is no comparison...About the only negative is appearance inside, the VRV, has aluminum cabinet doors on earlier models, and some say a "utilitarian" interior feel. I'll take function and long lasting quality over appearance any day.

Good Luck!
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler