cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what to use as a cleaner on s slick side f'ver?

sele
Explorer
Explorer
We have just bought a new f'ver and I washed it for the first time today. There are water spots all over it, I used the same soap as I have in the past, although the last f'ver was aluminum siding and this one is fiberglass. So any suggestions that are not hard on the wallet and not time consuming are appreciated. Yes we have a water softener and part of the problem is how hard our water is. So any help is appreciated.
scott
6 REPLIES 6

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
This is what we use and wouldn't use anything else. The bottle says to towel dry, but we don't and we have a spotless finish. Our water also goes through our water softener, so that may help. We also use this on our car and truck.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Well it's time consuming and requires labour but I always chamois mine dry before the water dries and leaves spots.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your outside water go through the softener? Itโ€™s not common to soften the water going to outside faucets.

Our water is so bad you can barely see through the windows of a vehicle if you hose them off and let it dry. I scrub things at home, then drive to town for a final rinse at the car wash.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax. Same as I use on our cars. We don't have hard water so no spots.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
A good coat of wax helps the water to run off easier. We only wash one side at a time so the drips and drops are not sitting there for too long. Do you dry it? When we dry it, we do small sections at a time and use a slightly damp rag first then go over it with a dry one.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
All I use is dawn