cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash air not working

naumann
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Dolphin. I would like to replace the dash air,I cannot find a part # for my unit. Can anyone help?
8 REPLIES 8

naumann
Explorer
Explorer
ref. 2002 DOLPHIN a/c replacement.Delphi,saeJ639,part#150G or 1506....,code017811 thank you. NAUMANN

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
naumann,

Our W-22 is built on a 2004 Workhorse chassis. I have no idea if compressors changed over those model years or how many different compressors Workhorse actually used during that time. I do know that there are several that seem similar. One difference I noticed was pulley diameter, so if you go searching, that's a good thing to know.

I had to go to several different auto parts places near me before I finally found someone that could really dig deep and was willing to special order a unit for me (at no charge if it wasn't the right one). Fortunately, it was. The compressor I installed in my rig was a Everco-4Seasons 2651N (58950).

You might check out Oemy's to get a list of possible compressors. They've added a few numbers since I needed them about 4 years ago, though its funny I don't see 58950 listed, but they DO have 88950.

On Edit: OK, strange. When I type 58950 into the Autozone Website, it returns a compressor with the number of 620151 from CompressorWorks, which IS a number on Oemy's site.

If the system has been opened to the atmosphere for any length of time, you should also replace the Receiver/Drier. THAT is also a tough part to hunt down as there are various styles and shaped in terms of how the hoses connect.

If your problem is a failed clutch, you might have a shot at replacing just the clutch. That was originally my problem (the clutch seized). But in trying to remove the clutch, the front seal was damaged, so at that point, I just decided to change the entire compressor. A much more involved process, for sure, but not too bad if you have any A/C experience and the right equipment.

Good Luck,

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Is their any markings or part #s on it. Mine looks like this

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

naumann
Explorer
Explorer
up date to (naumann). I need the part # for air conditioning compressor.
The coach is a Dolphin 5342 manufactured on 12/2001. W22 chassis.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://densoheavyduty.com/where-to-buy/state

They have heavy duty which you need as a complete system replacement. They are nice units that have lasted.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

In addition to specifying which part needs to be replaced/repaired, it would also be helpful if you could tell us which chassis your motorhome is built upon. Gas (Ford or Workhorse) or diesel (I have no idea if any Dolphins were on diesel chassis', and if so, whose?).

Some parts of the A/C system are typically supplied by the chassis manufacturer (compressor & condensor) and others are fitted by the coach builder (control panel, evaporator) oftentimes supplied by a third party (Evans-Tempcon for example), so all of the information is needed to give a good answer.

And yes, finding the right part can be a challenge. I needed a new compressor for mine a few years back and it took some creative searching to find the right compressor to replace the original WITHOUT paying outrageous Workhorse prices.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
There is not one part# for the entire unit. Which part doesn't work?