Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Winegard® Connect™ 2.0 WiFi & 4G LTE
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Winegard® Connect™ 2.0 WiFi & 4G LTE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
quiltingGmom

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Need help with suggestions for TV reception. We have a mounted antenna which works fairly well, but I would like to be able to watch my comcast (xfinity to go) on the road. I'm wondering if the Winegard® Connect™ 2.0 WiFi & 4G LTE booster would be a good option. I assume I can get a SIMM card from [email protected] to use my data plan. But do I just plug in the antenna(like I would my cable cord?) and then how do I get the comcast reception on my TV--is there an ap to download on the TV itself? This booster gets mixed reviews but kind of looks like it might be that people don't know how to use it. Any help or ideas are appreciated, but I don't "talk tech" -- the kids all moved out!

Rover_Bill

NE. Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 12:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before you purchase the Winegard (or any other WiFi/4G extender) you should setup your TV to use your cell phone directly (assuming it has a hotspot function). Unless your TV is VERY smart and can run WiFi apps directly, you will also have to purchase a WiFi streaming device (Roku, Amazon FireStick, or other) for the TV.

Installing the FireStick (or other device) is very simple - plug it into an HDMI port on the TV, plug in the power, and get a WiFi connection to your cell phone. Download the Xfinity app to the FireStick (see HERE ) and log into your Xfinity account.

The Winegard or other extenders are only useful in areas where you have very poor 4G access for your cell phone or have poor access to the CG WiFi system. Most CG have very poor free WiFi access and/or don't have enough bandwidth for streaming.

Be aware that streaming TV via cell phone may use 1-4 GB per hour.

2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I were going to go with the Winegard Connect (and I'm not), I would strongly consider the Togo Roadlink version. They negotiated a special deal with ATT for $30 per month unlimited data. That requires an annual payment of $360 instead of monthly, and locks you into ATT, but it's hard to beat that price for unlimited data.

Ramprasad

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/19 12:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The focus on streaming has made it quite an interesting way to stay tuned to your entertainment no matter where you are. You no longer need to worry about the subscription fees, signal issues, and other issues that would normally affect you. Xfinity Stream is a wonderful streaming application that lets you have access to a host of TV shows, movies, sports, and practically everything. Ever wondered ***Link Removed***Xfinity stream on firestick

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/26/19 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seattle Steve wrote:

If I were going to go with the Winegard Connect (and I'm not), I would strongly consider the Togo Roadlink version. They negotiated a special deal with ATT for $30 per month unlimited data. That requires an annual payment of $360 instead of monthly, and locks you into ATT, but it's hard to beat that price for unlimited data.

This deal has been terminated by AT&T as of Jan 1, 2020.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Winegard® Connect™ 2.0 WiFi & 4G LTE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.