cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaky waterhose

Frank55
Explorer
Explorer
I keep having a waterleak on the hose coming into the trailer. I have put a new washer, used teflon tape and have tightened it up as much as I can an it still leaks! Any suggestions.
18 REPLIES 18

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
i discovered the zero g hose about a year ago and love it. easy to roll up and store.

i do not leave it under pressure. when we get to a campground i use it to fill my water tank and use it while we camp.

number one reason it always gives better pressure and if i develope a leak somewhere the pump kicks on and i know something is wrong.

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
I used a zero-g hose for one season. Water started tasting like the hose at the start of the second season. I have since replaced the zero-g with Flexzilla hose and have had much better results. Biggest is that the hose is 5/8", not 1/2" like the zero-G so water volume is improved again(noticeable when showering), and second, there has been zero hose taste now since I started in April with these.

Since my waterbay is inside the basement of my 5th wheel, I bought:

These stay connected to the city water connection all the time:
90 degree hose adapter
3' Flexzilla lead in hose
Hose Quick connect

then just connect the 25' hose when arriving.
25' Flexzilla hose
50' Flexzilla hose
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
There are two spot for common leaks. The first is the threaded connection to another threaded connection. The second is where the hose itself meets up with the metal/plastic end connector. The solution is based on which point has the leak.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
belairbrian wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Quality hose, while the current white hose is still sealing fine, when it starts getting leaky it will be replaced with a ZeroG hose.

I looked at the Zero G but then I saw that they are "Not recommended to be under constant pressure"

What does that mean? Do I have to turn off the hose at the campground valve when not using water?
Yeah, it sounds pretty obvious that you can't leave it under pressure all the time. Seems to be self-explanatory to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Quality hose, while the current white hose is still sealing fine, when it starts getting leaky it will be replaced with a ZeroG hose.

I looked at the Zero G but then I saw that they are "Not recommended to be under constant pressure"

What does that mean? Do I have to turn off the hose at the campground valve when not using water?
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
laknox wrote:
I use a 90 degree connector to eliminate stress on the hose and fittings. Just sayin'...

Lyle
I got one of those too, and it seems to work like it should although the first one I bought leaked. The second one is leak free. And it would definitely ease the strain if the hose is hanging straight down instead of sticking out and down.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I use a 90 degree connector to eliminate stress on the hose and fittings. Just sayin'...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

SailingOn
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
But doesn't that just transfer the drips/leaks to where the Banjo fitting is attached to the hose?

Sure it does.
But the Banjo pair takes the stress of repeated connect/disconnect cycles, with less strain on the trailer fitting or the hose.
So perhaps the hose, and more importantly the trailer fitting, will last longer.
Buck: 2004 Wilderness Yukon 8275S, now memories.
Star: Open range LF297RLS. 2 air conditioners!
Togo: 2014 Winnebago View Profile, 2013 Sprinter chassis; 16 mpg
Snow: 2020 F250 diesel
AD5GR

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
SailingOn wrote:
Banjo fittings, one on the trailer and one on the hose, make a solid leakproof connection, and don't corrode. I think they're lots easier to connect/disconnect than the standard hose ends. First picture is the hose end, second the trailer end.

But doesn't that just transfer the drips/leaks to where the Banjo fitting is attached to the hose?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Some water hoses have paper thin formed ends. Better hoses have ends machined out of thick brass. Which do you think will leak? Choose wisely.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

SailingOn
Explorer
Explorer
Banjo fittings, one on the trailer and one on the hose, make a solid leakproof connection, and don't corrode. I think they're lots easier to connect/disconnect than the standard hose ends. First picture is the hose end, second the trailer end.

Buck: 2004 Wilderness Yukon 8275S, now memories.
Star: Open range LF297RLS. 2 air conditioners!
Togo: 2014 Winnebago View Profile, 2013 Sprinter chassis; 16 mpg
Snow: 2020 F250 diesel
AD5GR

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
Try replacing the โ€œcity water inletโ€ on your RV. The threads on the inlet become soft and the fresh water hose doesnโ€™t firmly seal causing it to spray or leak. Usually, 3 screws gently pull and replace.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Get 100% rubber gaskets not the cheapie type that come on a punched out card with a bunch of them that you have to tear off. The big box home stores have them. They last and seal much better than the cheapies.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010