Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/19 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP.. going out on a limb, but Im guessing the answer to your question is no.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

yankeecamper

FUQUAY VARINA, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't want to drag this on. I found this on AVVO.com/legal-answers/heartland-rv-lemon.

But there is also a federal lemon law that can cover travel trailers and the rest of every Rv and it can help you too; it's called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. Under this federal lemon law you only have to give them a reasonable chance to repair a defect. If they don’t get everything fixed within a reasonable amount of time and within a reasonable number of chances, either one, then you have a lemon. If you do have a lemon Rv, then you probably have the right to chose between getting your money back or getting a replacement. You should talk to an Rv Lemon Law lawyer.

Just trying to find out if anyone has used it or where i can get the best legal help.

Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/19 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to Lemonlawcase the restitution under MM act (aka Federal Lemon law) is

Damages

The damages available under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act differ from those under state statutes. State lemon laws permit recovery of the purchase price for the vehicle. Restitution under the Federal Lemon Law is the difference between what you actually paid for your vehicle, and what you would have paid, back at the time of purchase, if you had known then what you know now about your vehicle.

I assume you've contacted the manufacturer. That would be my next step. Sucks when you have an RV you can't use.

Mike

yankeecamper

FUQUAY VARINA, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes Mike I have been messing with Heartland and a dealer Heartland send me too near me in NC and now the dealer i bought it from 2.5 hours away in SC, for the last year since May 2018. Who knows what kind of problems is ahead if I get to use it for any length of time

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 12:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Typically the Magnuson Moss act is used as the basis of the claim when a buyer sues an RV manufacturer. An Example.

That said you better have a strong case and deep pockets.

*VERY* (should be *giant caps*) *DEEP POCKETS* !!..[emoticon]

[emoticon]..[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS