Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Roadside Assistance problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance problem

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 02:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your first mistake was choosing Good Sam for your road side assistance. Your second was breaking down. I have had Good Sam in the past and never looked back after I changed to Coach-Net.

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

Your first mistake was choosing Good Sam for your road side assistance. Your second was breaking down. I have had Good Sam in the past and never looked back after I changed to Coach-Net.

Help enlighten all of us GS RVers! Tell us how their Road Side plan is better than GS.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/19 05:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coachnet and goodsam use the same service providers. But it seems coachnets call center asks more questions in regards to the service needed so they can inform the service provider.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-Net does not leave you on the road, like Good Sam did to me once. Said they could not send anyone out or even give me ideas where I could go to get help when I broke down many years ago on i-95 in Greenville. Limped off the highway and was stuck in a parking lot for 3 days.

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello joelc,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Good Sam. That is not the norm and I'd like to address this for you. Please send me a PM and phone number so that we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,
David
Good Sam

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

Coach-Net does not leave you on the road, like Good Sam did to me once. Said they could not send anyone out or even give me ideas where I could go to get help when I broke down many years ago on i-95 in Greenville. Limped off the highway and was stuck in a parking lot for 3 days.

Tell us how many times you have used Coachnet?

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 02:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To: Administrator
This was many years ago. In the 1990's, but the bad taste still remains. I have never had a bad experience with Coach-Net and have used them many times. I used Good Sam only once or the most twice. I was pulling a car on a tow dolly and the tow dolly's wheel came loose and was ruined. Because I had a car they would not send someone out to tow my Class A and dolly off the highway. I managed to make it to a Mall just off the highway, which I did not know was there; and because it was a holiday I had to wait a couple of days for stores to open and found a place that had a wheel and would fix the dolly.

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi joelc,

Thanks for letting us know, and I understand how you feel. We strive to be the best in the industry here at Good Sam. If you'd like to give us another chance, please don't hesitate to send me a PM. I'd be happy to chat with you further.

Take care and safe travels,

David
Senior Coordinator Good Sam Roadside

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 01:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

Coachnet and goodsam use the same service providers. But it seems coachnets call center asks more questions in regards to the service needed so they can inform the service provider.
Most roadside company's use the same providers. The difference in service is who pays the best. No one in our town will do RSA for GS.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Sqdancecaller

Minford, Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We only had to use our GS Roadside assistance and it was such a joke that we now have FMCA Roadside for any future issues we might have. Just got another letter to renew our GS or only $219.95 well that ain't going to happen!

2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.