cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DSI light will not come on Winnebago Intent

D1robert_
Explorer
Explorer
The DSI light will not come on when trying to start the hot water heater. I have a Winnebago Intent.
10 REPLIES 10

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
someone care to define "DSI" for someone that still uses complete words....

hootgipper
Explorer
Explorer
We couldn't get our DSI light or water heater to come on. The issue was the water in the tank was still hot. It won't light/come on if the water isn't below a certain temperature.

polestar
Explorer
Explorer
my fault light comes on when i have the electric hot water heater on, not all the time but but frequently. when that happens it turns the electric heater off. i have to turn every wsitch off and it will restart the electric. I never get fault light on when i use propane unless the is no flame.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I always turned the inside switches off/on to reset lockout as well

There are two different programs. On one the DSI light will come on when you first flip the switch then go out when the board senses flame from what I understand. Note I've never seen one like thus but then not my business Just read about 'em.

On mine it is as many have said ONLY comes on if there is a fault. There are two different types of fault.. OVER TEMP (If the ECO T-Stat opens or you forget to re-connect it) and No Flame (The control board fails to sense flame. DOES NOT MEAN there is no flame.. Just means the board did not respond to it (Mine was rather bad about that till I put in a new board).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
Its in lockout mode from when you ran out of propane go outside and unplugged the black box a minute replug it in and try it again

WHY do that?????? You just turn the Inside switch OFF and then back on. You do not have to unplug the Control module to reset a lock out. Doug

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
Its in lockout mode from when you ran out of propane go outside and unplugged the black box a minute replug it in and try it again

What? I think you misread the problem.

As Doug said, the light comes on for a fault, it is not an โ€œonโ€ light. Shut the propane and turn it on, after it doesnโ€™t ignite the light will come on. Some boards light the light for a second when you flip it on, some donโ€™t.
op stated No fault light . so board is either locked out or the diode is bad I understood what he is saying

Umm, the light comes on when itโ€™s locked out, thatโ€™s why it is called a fault light.
-- Chris Bryant

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:

As Doug said, the light comes on for a fault, it is not an โ€œonโ€ light. Shut the propane and turn it on, after it doesnโ€™t ignite the light will come on. Some boards light the light for a second when you flip it on, some donโ€™t.
op stated No fault light . so board is either locked out or the diode is bad I understood what he is saying

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:

-- Chris Bryant

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
D1robert! wrote:
The DSI light will not come on when trying to start the hot water heater. I have a Winnebago Intent.

The light only comes ON and stays ON when it does NOT light. Doug